Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

divaabsoluta

New in Town
pigeon toe said:
I got a STUNNING, nearly MINT condition dark brown mink cape by Fur Nakamura. I'm guessing it's 1940's. It's absolutely beautiful, and I got it for only $40! It has the name Mitsue Griffiths embroidered on the inside, which is a lovely touch I think.

These aren't my photos of it, but I found the same one online:

4a9b_1_sbl.JPG

9f0c_1_sbl.JPG

9ccf_1_sbl.JPG

9da6_1_sbl.JPG

I just can't get over what condition it's in! It's amazing!

Oops. made a mistake. This is were the postive comment should have been. D

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
I got a STUNNING, nearly MINT condition dark brown mink cape by Fur Nakamura. I'm guessing it's 1940's. It's absolutely beautiful, and I got it for only $40! It has the name Mitsue Griffiths embroidered on the inside, which is a lovely touch I think.

These aren't my photos of it, but I found the same one online:

9ccf_1_sbl.JPG

9da6_1_sbl.JPG

I just can't get over what condition it's in! It's amazing!

Wow! What a find! I love that pocket. :eusa_clap

Vanessa

One Too Many
Vanessa said:

The suit arrived and was very disappointing so I boxed it up and sent it right back. I guess I'm just not destined to be a suit person.

So sad, but then I found something else pink to replace it:

bfb3_1.JPG

30's Pink Silk Lounging PJ's! I'm so excited to get them in the mail.

cff4_1.JPG

Now I guess I don't have to make this right away after all:
0005x7hy.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
Vanessa said:
The suit arrived and was very disappointing so I boxed it up and sent it right back. I guess I'm just not destined to be a suit person.

bfb3_1.JPG

30's Pink Silk Lounging PJ's! I'm so excited to get them in the mail.

cff4_1.JPG

0005x7hy.jpg

Well, that's a bummer. :( Holes all over the jacket as well as the skirt? I so know that feeling - just send it right back. Your consolation price is awesome, though.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Sunny said:
Well, that's a bummer. :( Holes all over the jacket as well as the skirt? I so know that feeling - just send it right back. Your consolation price is awesome, though.

Well, the skirt wasn't that bad - it had split but it was right along the seam lines. Easily repairable for that but the jacket was very dingy in person. Definitely a photo did it too much justice deal. The seller was very nice though - they're refunding everything, including the return shipping.

And I really like my pj's. Now I need pink slippers to match.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Love those PJs Vanessa! I so need a set of those.

My latest purchases, from Rhythm Riot:
3074702845_4e6bfa413c.jpg

Not a great pic of my new repro coat - it looks fab on.

3075537918_00758d631c.jpg

Shooooooes

3075537828_6a56980755.jpg

Fruit earrings - wanted some like this for the longest time! (they are on my Art Deco glass dressing table set, which is quite new too!

Sunny

One Too Many
Vanessa said:
Well, the skirt wasn't that bad - it had split but it was right along the seam lines. Easily repairable for that but the jacket was very dingy in person. Definitely a photo did it too much justice deal. The seller was very nice though - they're refunding everything, including the return shipping.

And I really like my pj's. Now I need pink slippers to match.
Ah, gotcha. That also happened with my black wool dress - not nearly as sharp in person as in the pictures. That's a VERY nice seller, though! Most don't do that!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Lauren said:
I bought a lot of 100 McCall patterns today. My cousin chipped in to help, and in return I give her the patterns to wrap up for Christmas. I'm a happy girl! Can't wait to get them so I can look and see them up close.
pl06.jpg

Lauren,

What a haul!! Merry Christmas! :D I think that folk costume one you have there on the top left is just adorable!

Sunny

One Too Many
Okay, I'm done!

I'm going to be self-banished from Ebay for a while now. I've had amazing good luck for the last several months, and my budget is not terribly pleased with me now. :eusa_doh: But that's okay, I'm pretty set for a while!

I just posted about my two new hats in the Show Us Your Hats thread, but I love 'em so I'll put them here, too. :D Both amazing 30s hats, plenty big enough for my big head.

Brown fuzzy/textured fur felt with grosgrain and bakelite (?) buckle trim.

198349026_o.jpg

Navy blue plaid felt.

198348962_o.jpg

30s wool coat, I think navy blue. The pictures aren't great, but I think the front lapels give that "jabot" effect that was so popular. It has its own belt still, and shaped sleeves that narrow at the cuff. I hope it fits - if not, one of you may get a chance at it.

ef4b_1.jpg

Another 30s wool coat (What was I thinking?!), heavy with interlining, original belt, and Statue of Liberty buttons (with an extra still sewn inside the lapel). This one was quite pricey, although still no more than what I would've paid for a good new coat. I REALLY hope it fits.

1227550378103_WoolCoat_20s_StatLibt.jpg
1227550342766_tyButtons_BkWaistUp.jpg

1227550359414_tyButtons_Lining.jpg

And a trench coat. This I believe is 50s, and it's every bit in the fantastic shape it looks on the mannequin. It still has all its labels! It's amazing.

91a2_1.jpg
daf9_1.jpg

Sunny

One Too Many
Aaaaand once again, things that didn't quite work. PM me if you're interested!

First, the brown "velveteen" skirt with suspenders. It's really just a smidge too small for me. The waist is 26-27", and I need 27-28". This isn't velveteen. It's velvet. Really nice velvet, too, feels and hangs just amazingly with no damage. The suspenders are in pristine condition. The skirt just needs buttons added to wear them. This is perfect 1940s style! I won it for about $25, too - a real steal!

2b06_1.jpg
[/IMG]
2ae5_1.jpg

Navy blue felt circle skirt - this is darling. It's a wee bit small for me, 26" waist, but I could handle that with my cincher. It's also a bit short, which I didn't expect, about 27" long. The felt has a lot of body to it so it stands out very well even without a petticoat, making it look shorter than it is. This one went for about $35 - again, a good price. It's so cute with the wide waistband and the red buttons at the back.

108.jpg
110.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Oh wow, Sunny, I love it all, especially the first hat and the first coat - what a great fur collar and the folded lapels are gorgeous! Hope you'll post better photos of that coat once you get it, would love to see it better.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Sunny said:
Aaaaand once again, things that didn't quite work. PM me if you're interested!

That brown hat is darling. Cute skirts - too bad they didn't fit. I hate that. Did you try listing them in Classifieds?

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
Vanessa said:

bfb3_1.JPG

0005x7hy.jpg

Ooh! Those are gorgeous. *total jealousy*
(I love the fact that your real vintage PJ's are pink, and the pattern is green. :) You could make up a pair in every color!)

Sunny, I'm also extremely jealous of your new coat wardrobe. :)

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Got this book for $7.99 at Marshall's!
a5e4923f8da0f111f8629010._AA240_.L.jpg

I got that book for Christmas a few years ago, doesn't it have the most fantastic photos?! :D

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aurora said:
I got that book for Christmas a few years ago, doesn't it have the most fantastic photos?! :D

Yes, they're incredible! I am going to give it to my bf as a present in order to justify buying it. lol

I did something similar with an Audrey Hepburn coffee table book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace