Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Such lovely things everyone. Lady Day it must be domestic week, I got these at a yard sale yesterday. Rocket Ice Bucket and the clock is also a light.
100_1377-1.jpg

100_1380-1-1.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Kromex?

100_1380-1-1.jpg

Do I spy a set of Kromex spice jars, in the original rack, behind that wonderful clock/light? :)

We may need more kitchen pictures. Are thre any in the Show Us Your Vintage Home thread?

carter

I'll Lock Up
This is a blatant violation of Ebay Policies. Report It.

Lady Day said:
Thanks, I really like it, but Im having an issue with the seller :rage: Im getting charged a 'handling fee' that was not listed on the auction, and they are expecting me to pay it because 'most people dont complain and its to offset costs of...blah blah blah'.

Im so tired of sellers dumping every single cost onto the buyer. Im paying a crazy amount to ship this and it weighs nothing, so Im not paying anymore.

Sorry, my rant for the day.

LD
Lady Day, Scroll to the bottom of the listing and click on Report This Item.
Reason for Peport
- Listing Policy Violations (excessive shipping)
Detailed Reason - excessive shipping and handling

It's self-explanatory from there.

Ebay has made an effort to curtail excessive shipping and handling charges as well as undisclosed/hidden charges.
Don't let this seller continue to bully and/or take advantage of other buyers.

Thanks for your rant. ;) :)

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Carter, I just went and looked at the spice jars and they are stamped Nasco Italy on the bottom and they are in their original rack. I think the only kitchen photo in the vintage home thread is of the stove top with the push button controls.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
carter said:
Lady Day, Scroll to the bottom of the listing and click on Report This Item.
Reason for Peport
- Listing Policy Violations (excessive shipping)
Detailed Reason - excessive shipping and handling

It's self-explanatory from there.

Ebay has made an effort to curtail excessive shipping and handling charges as well as undisclosed/hidden charges.
Don't let this seller continue to bully and/or take advantage of other buyers.

Thanks for your rant. ;) :)

Yeah, I thought that was a bit skeezie. I want to wait for the item to get here first, and oh, I SO DIDNT pay that silly 'handling' fee. I was cordial, but curt, and told them if they charged me that, I would leave negative feedback. I got corrected ASAP, for me at least.

I think I will report it. Thanks carter :)

LD

Sunny

One Too Many
Cleery said:
I just bought this girdle on ebay last night. I'm excited about it. I'm a plus size woman and I'm delighted that they had something in my size. Plus, I think that the eyelet is really cute. This is my first time sharing a photo, so please excuse any mistakes!

th_girdle.jpg

cleery
Oh, lovely! I got the one from the same seller, but in size 28! I wish I could wear it - I think it works better for 29-30 waists. The eyelet really is cute, and it's got just enough boning and elastic to be snug. Good buy!

Cleery

New in Town
Thanks, Sunny! I haven't received it yet, but I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to get into the thing.

Sunny said:
Oh, lovely! I got the one from the same seller, but in size 28! I wish I could wear it - I think it works better for 29-30 waists. The eyelet really is cute, and it's got just enough boning and elastic to be snug. Good buy!

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
Sunny said:

Sunny, is that garter belt similar to the one you were telling me about? Also, I sent you a message and was just wondering if it processed or not. Have good day,
Sarah

Vanessa

One Too Many
Thanks. I'm crossing my fingers they'll fit - otherwise, watch for them in the Classifieds. :D

Here's the detail on the two sweaters:

coralsweatersuit1.jpg

Angora trim

turqsweatersuit1.jpg

Beaded collar

Sunny

One Too Many
newtovintage said:
Sunny, is that garter belt similar to the one you were telling me about? Also, I sent you a message and was just wondering if it processed or not. Have good day,
Sarah
Yep, it IS the one I was telling you about! I've received your messages just fine; I'm just really, really busy and haven't been able to set aside time to answer in depth.

newtovintage

One of the Regulars
Sunny said:
Yep, it IS the one I was telling you about! I've received your messages just fine; I'm just really, really busy and haven't been able to set aside time to answer in depth.

Thanks for letting me know. I just wanted to make sure it arrived. Thank you for taking the time to give me advice.
Sarah

Vintage Verve

New in Town
deadpandiva said:
e8bd_12.jpg
ea84_12.jpg

dresslinedpastelplaid.jpg

This dress is plain but the measure ments are perfect. It's like it was made for me.
a0bc_1.jpg
9c04_1.jpg
That black dress is lovely and I can imagine that the other 'plain' one will look fantastic on - especially since it is a perfect fit.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the clear object in the bottom right photo?

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Verve said:
That black dress is lovely and I can imagine that the other 'plain' one will look fantastic on - especially since it is a perfect fit.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the clear object in the bottom right photo?
It was listed as a Lucite Pendant from the 1940's but I am using it as a zipper pull for the red purse. I am exited about the black dress as I have wanted an evening dress for a while. It too should fit pretty well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael