Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Lily Powers said:
This is a set from Emmons, circa 1949/1955. I had found the mesh bracelet a few years ago on eBay and while scouring thru an antique shop just before Christmas, found the matching clip earrings.

What's the chances of that?! That's a lovely set - very pretty!

MissHannah I LOVE that suit - such a perfect fit on you as well.

MissHannah

One Too Many
MissAmelina said:
That is the bestest most perfectist color for you. :) GREAT suit. And I love what you've done to your hair. Didja get it cut, or just roll it up?

I got it chopped off! The bottom 5 inches were dead anyway so I had to wear it up pretty much every day. It's hard work this length but I like how it looks a lot more.

Cleery

New in Town
Oh my gosh Miss Hannah, you look perfect in that suit! It looks so nice with your hair.

MissHannah said:
I've posted this in the What Are You Wearing thread too - it's my latest suit purchase. The seller said it was late forties:

Turquoisesuit2.jpg

Turquoisesuit4.jpg

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
That place looks really fun! Do you know any places that cater to ALL sizes in Brooklyn?

Hmmm, I hear there's a few other vintage places in Brooklyn. Try doing a Google or Yahoo search for vintage in Brooklyn. I haven't been to any others personally.

I DID go and find just the nicest vintage shop in Jersey City (back behind Ellis Island on the Jersey side). She had the most beautiful shop I've ever been in. A bit small, but stacked to the rafters, but nicely organized, and even with vintage, era appropriate records playing on an old phonograph contraption. That totally took you back in time. Soft lighting, good prices and a nice selection if you're typically slim. I was telling her that I was on the hunt for late 30's, early 40's items for my husband and myself and she was so sweet and said she carried a lot more inventory from that time frame in her warehouse and if I called next time before coming, she'd pull it all out. She even said she might have some great pieces that would fit my larger size 16 frame.

I thought that was customer service at it's finest. She even gave me a map and a biz card for another store up the road that had the biggest jewelry selection.

I sent a f/u email telling her how fabulous I thought she was. :D

I tell ya, this vintage hunting is fun and ADDICTING!

~D.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
Miss Golightly- That dress is perfection and definitely representative of your namesake.

I just ordered this online for Valentine's Day. It was $12.49. I already own it in purple,but I thought the pink would be perfect for the occasion.
417tbP4-eaL__AA400_.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Lily Powers said:
Oh! That dress is stunning, Miss Golightly! After all your "hemming and hawing," no one else bought it, so it must be destined to be yours.:)

Thank you Lily - I have to agree - it just had to be destiny!!!!!

Rubyredlocks - thank you and might I add that I LOVE your dress - I can't believe the price you paid for it! So pretty!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Babydoll said:
I'm hoping they arrive in time to take them out for a spin in next weekend for the annual Elvis birthday party show. I wanna see if they can jive! I'll keep you posted on how they dance.

The shoes arrived yesterday, and were quite tight (made my toes go numb!). Didn't even buckle the straps. But when I was taking them off, I noticed that the underside of one of the straps was completely falling apart. Quick call to the distributor this morning, and they're sending me replacements (next 1/2 size up), and sending me a tag to ship these back for free. Profuse apologies as well.

Downside, no shoes for jiving to Elvis songs tomorrow night. Upside, awesome customer service!

VintageRed

Familiar Face
New Hat!

I'm SO over the moon about this wonderfully frilly and feathered hat...or whatever it might be called. I'm in love with it. It just screams "FUN!"

Whadaya' think? Oh, and I had stylin' hair tonight after a whole day in curlers! LOL.

n1059901857_275855_6777.jpg

n1059901857_275857_7187.jpg

It probably needs to come forward more so the veil is skirting my face, but I had already done my hair sans hat, so I had to find a place it would fit just so I could take a pic of it. :D

~D.

BombshellBella

Familiar Face
VintageRed said:
Hmmm, I hear there's a few other vintage places in Brooklyn. Try doing a Google or Yahoo search for vintage in Brooklyn. I haven't been to any others personally.

I DID go and find just the nicest vintage shop in Jersey City (back behind Ellis Island on the Jersey side). She had the most beautiful shop I've ever been in. A bit small, but stacked to the rafters, but nicely organized, and even with vintage, era appropriate records playing on an old phonograph contraption. That totally took you back in time. Soft lighting, good prices and a nice selection if you're typically slim. I was telling her that I was on the hunt for late 30's, early 40's items for my husband and myself and she was so sweet and said she carried a lot more inventory from that time frame in her warehouse and if I called next time before coming, she'd pull it all out. She even said she might have some great pieces that would fit my larger size 16 frame.

I thought that was customer service at it's finest. She even gave me a map and a biz card for another store up the road that had the biggest jewelry selection.

I sent a f/u email telling her how fabulous I thought she was. :D

I tell ya, this vintage hunting is fun and ADDICTING!

~D.

This place sounds like a dream, where is it exactly??

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Re: Jersey City Shop

The shop is called Another Man's Treasure and it's up in Jersey City. Might seem like a hike depending on where you're coming from, but I went over the Bayonne Bridge from Staten Island and it was pretty straightforward. If you use the subways or trains, it might be easier to get to. The only tricky part about driving there is there's a bunch of one way streets that you have to navigate around.

However, if you're a thin girl, there should be lots to make it worth your while and there's also another vintage shop 5 streets up on 5th that she can direct you to. They have A LOT of clothing and jewelry. It's called Hala's or something to that effect.

Oh, and the website for AMT is: http://www.amtvintage.com/

The proprietor's name is Meika (pronounced Meeka) and she's the cutest thing.

Have fun!

~Danielle

laurakitty

Familiar Face
VintageRed said:
The shop is called Another Man's Treasure and it's up in Jersey City. Might seem like a hike depending on where you're coming from, but I went over the Bayonne Bridge from Staten Island and it was pretty straightforward. If you use the subways or trains, it might be easier to get to. The only tricky part about driving there is there's a bunch of one way streets that you have to navigate around.

However, if you're a thin girl, there should be lots to make it worth your while and there's also another vintage shop 5 streets up on 5th that she can direct you to. They have A LOT of clothing and jewelry. It's called Hala's or something to that effect.

Oh, and the website for AMT is: http://www.amtvintage.com/

The proprietor's name is Meika (pronounced Meeka) and she's the cutest thing.

Have fun!

~Danielle

Ooooo! I'm definitely going to have to check that store out! I need to figure out how to get there by train.

Cleery

New in Town
VintageRed, you look fabulous!

VintageRed said:
I'm SO over the moon about this wonderfully frilly and feathered hat...or whatever it might be called. I'm in love with it. It just screams "FUN!"

Whadaya' think? Oh, and I had stylin' hair tonight after a whole day in curlers! LOL.

n1059901857_275855_6777.jpg

n1059901857_275857_7187.jpg

It probably needs to come forward more so the veil is skirting my face, but I had already done my hair sans hat, so I had to find a place it would fit just so I could take a pic of it. :D

~D.

Adele

One of the Regulars
Lauren, Laura Chase, Justaktty - thank you for the kind words on the dress.

Miss_Bella_Hell: Indeed it is vintage. One of the reasons I decided to purchase it was because of how good of a condition it was in. I'm always afraid that I'll buy something that I really love, and then it will fall apart on me (when I put it on).

VintageRed: Very cute hat, and your hair color is lovely!

I'm also going to have to add my compliments to the pool of compliments given to MissHannah. I couldn't agree more!

Cleery

New in Town
I just won this dress on ebay. It has a generous cut, so I have my fingers crossed that it will look nice on me. Anyway, I got it for a steal!

mydress.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

mydressfabric.jpg

What do you think?

VintageRed

Familiar Face
Oh, it looks very pretty!

I too have been scouring eBay lately. My husband is cringing, but then I won him over with a pair of vintage cufflinks that I left by his coffee pot this morning. ;)

Hey, I'm not proud. I'll bribe him where I have to. LOL.

I bet you'll look just smashing in your dress! Be sure to post pics!

~Danielle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails