Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Shirin

A-List Customer
maggiethespy said:
trixiecottonred1.jpg

Ooooo la la, that is sexy!:eusa_clap

zendy

A-List Customer
Lastnight I battled it out for this wrinkley little gem on the Ebay. I need to take it in an inch or so and it'll be perfect!
P1010936.jpg

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
cecil said:
Make another video! :D

Gorgeous dress by the way. you really suit blue.

That's a great idea! I think I will :D And thanks-- I feel like I own a ton of blue, but it looks nice on me, so I figure I can't have too much of a good thing, right? ;)

cecil said:
I just purchased this little number. It's marked as 50s, I'm thinking late 50s? It was on sale for $50, I couldn't buy nice linen and a pattern and make it for much less than that, so I thought, why not?

01.jpg
03.jpg

I LOVE the waist! It has a fabulous hip-- that really full 50's hip there was a whole thread devoted to on here somewhere. I think it would look real snazzy with a thin red belt.

cecil

A-List Customer
maggiethespy said:
That's a great idea! I think I will :D And thanks-- I feel like I own a ton of blue, but it looks nice on me, so I figure I can't have too much of a good thing, right? ;)

I LOVE the waist! It has a fabulous hip-- that really full 50's hip there was a whole thread devoted to on here somewhere. I think it would look real snazzy with a thin red belt.

if it aint broke, don't fix it! redheads look great in pretty much all blues, i reckon.

a red belt is a neat idea! thankyou!

vampygirl13

One of the Regulars
Maggiethespy-

Did you get your red dress yet? Just wondering how you like it, I may order in green. Not crazy about paying $11 to ship though!

Inky

One Too Many
I received this dress for my birthday in May and haven't gotten around to posting about it

AAAAAr_NDf4AAAAAAQVpzA.jpg

It's from Vermont Country Store. It's described as denim, but I would call it a denim color cotton as it's not woven or heavy like a denim. It is also a more medium denim, rather than the dark blue in the images.

I received a large, which fits in the bust but is about 2-3 inches too big in the waist, and also it's nearly to my ankles (I am 5'4"), so it needs some shortening. I plan to take in the sides a bit and shorten it, then use the part I am cutting off (leaving about 2 inches below the last white ribbon trim at the bottom and cutting off at least 3-4 inches) to make a belt with a white vintage buckle that I have.

Should be a perfect summer weight dress with a little cardigan for our cool coastal summers.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
vampygirl13 said:
Maggiethespy-

Did you get your red dress yet? Just wondering how you like it, I may order in green. Not crazy about paying $11 to ship though!

I actually ordered it in royal blue-- red was the only readily avalible photo I could find, and I was feelin' lazy.

I got the confirmation for shipping two days ago, so hopefully it will get here soon!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
SayCici said:
Definitely bring up the hem, Kitty! I'm jealous of that blouse - I love bows at the neck and waistlines. :]

I hope it's true that the midwest is great for vintage - my husband told me the other week we're going to be assigned to Nebraska for four years.

I live in Nebraska - and if you're in the Omaha area, you'll find some stuff!

klara

One of the Regulars
I got my tax money and went a liiiittle bit wild.
3624854124_ed6285fdea_o.jpg
3624854086_65418b3210.jpg

3624979348_ccf625c040.jpg
3624038379_1f87316a25.jpg

I guess it's a little bit strange to buy winterclothes now but I couldn't resist them.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
maggiethespy said:
I actually ordered it in royal blue-- red was the only readily avalible photo I could find, and I was feelin' lazy.

I got the confirmation for shipping two days ago, so hopefully it will get here soon!
I got my sister the royal blue for her birthday. The color is amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda