Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
decodoll said:
Everyone has such beautiful purchases!! Vanessa, I adore your patterns! Daisy, the yellow dress is gorgeous! I love the cut and the fabric. The dress with the cream "blouse" in your photo album is absolutely to die for!!!!
What a find with the green suit, Maise. Very cute. :)
Thank you Decodoll.
Vanessa those patterns are great! Will you make me a few dresses like the ones on top??? (hehe):)

Nora Charles

New in Town
colleency said:
Nick Charles, do you know what year the hat is from?

My husband says late 30's, early 40's...not sure of exact year. It is a great hat and fits my head well which is hard because I have a small face. It also goes great with a couple of the outfits he has purchased me recently! I love it!:)

Sachet

Familiar Face
Completely new to this :)

I am just now learning about vintage clothing. From my research I am discovering what I like and don't like. Some of my personal preference is based on what styles I think will suit my figure the best. Because even though I may admire one style of dress over another, that doesn't mean that it will "like" me too. <g>

While out shopping with my daughter this past weekend, I stumbled across this skirt. It seemed reminiscent of an earlier period in time. Possibly the late 20's or early 30's? Or am I totally off base and it's entirely too modern?

I took one picture of it against the bright window to capture certain aspects of it and then one close-up to better show the fabric details.

http://www.geocities.com/sachet.geo/skirt1.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/sachet.geo/skirt2.JPG

Thanks for any insights! :)

...Sachet

Daisy Buchanan

fuzzylizzie said:
That is a beautiful suit! You all seem to be having such great luck on ebay lately. I have been having trouble finding things that I like. And when I finally did find a dress that I loved, my computer crashed in the middle of the bid! I've got an itch to buy something, keep looking and looking, without any luck.

D

Deleted member 259

7326fbec.jpg

I got these for x-mas, and the picture doesn't do them justice - the soles, while still big, aren't nearly as clunky as the picture angle makes them look.
They are perfect for work, where I need to wear shoes that will protect my feet, but want to keep a retro look.

1b720778.jpg

a8b2eb4c.jpg

And these I picked up yesterday at Urban Outfitters for $38! I've been wanting a pair of wedges for ages, but hadn't found the perfect pair that was inexpensive and fit my itty bitty feet.
The material as supple and the soles are cushy - so there is no fear of breaking them in, either.
I'm going to try not to elaborate on how excited I am about these shoes. :p

Daisy Buchanan

carpecaligo said:
[\
1b720778.jpg

a8b2eb4c.jpg

And these I picked up yesterday at Urban Outfitters for $38! I've been wanting a pair of wedges for ages, but hadn't found the perfect pair that was inexpensive and fit my itty bitty feet.
The material as supple and the soles are cushy - so there is no fear of breaking them in, either.
I love those wedgies, I've been looking for shoes like that for ages. Would you mind if I checked them out at Urban outfitters. Nine West is also making a lot of 40's inspired shoes for the upcoming season. You can often find them on sale at shoemall.com and a few other places that sell shoes in bulk on the internet. We have a discount store here called "Frugal Fannies" with a fantastic shoe department. I'll try to post pics tomorrow of black patten leather t strap peep toe sandals, as well as a couple of other modern but vintage inspired pairs, all really reasonablly priced.
Well, congrats on finding those shoes, they look so comfortable, and perfect with any 30's or 40's dress. I hope you don't mind if I check out my local urban's for them.
Thanks,
Daisy

Daisy Buchanan

Miss Neecerie said:
Those are beautiful compacts! You are lucky, I haven't had much luck with them. They usually come with broken mirrors. Your's seem to be in perfect shape. My one prized possession is an empire state building compact in mint condition. The only one that didn't come broken. For now I stick to buying at the store near me, so I can get it home safely.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Vanessa said:
Those are darling. Now - do you just collect or do you put your own powder/blush in them?

a bit of both.....

I think the bigger one...is going to end up holding magnetic lipstick pans....covergirl had a whole line and they have magnets on the back of them but not other packageing...perfect for putting in a metal compact..

if they have powder i tend to just collect and not disturb.....so depends on what they are like when they arrive.

Daisy Buchanan

carpecaligo said:
1b720778.jpg

a8b2eb4c.jpg

How do these shoes run? I noticed they don't come in half sizes. Should I go up to a seven or down to a six if I am a six and a a half?? Thanks for the input,
Daisy

D-Day-Doll

Familiar Face
I love the Tickled Pink teapot! My mom is a vintage pottery dealer and has sold some beautiful Tickled Pink sets. Luckily I inherit her Franciscan ware!

Bewitched65

New in Town
67328.jpg

This is what I recently got on Ebay!!It looks perfect and still has the original pricetag!It came out of a hatstore which closed in the 40's and they just started selling the merchandise!!

Dagmar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner