Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I saw these shoes in a new local vintage shop my fella discovered and I fell in love with them. I made sure to keep mentioning how I was going to go back to buy them when I had more money. So my amazing guy went back and bought them for me! Good boyfriend!

I told him he could solve just about any conflict with me by buying me a new pair of shoes. He asked if that meant I would pick fights with him :)

redwedges.jpg

Emer

One of the Regulars
Follow-up

Emer said:

My luggage arrived today! The seller wrapped them so well and with such care--I've only seen wrapping like this when we bought stuff from Crate & Barrel! lol

The suitcases are GORGEOUS! They have very little smell to them (other than just "vintage"), hardly any markings and the locks all work perfectly! I was suprised to find they are actually a heather grey--not blue! I think I almost like them better now! This has to be one of the best things I've ever bought! :D :D :D :D :D

Foofoogal

Banned

zendy

A-List Customer
V for Victory

I just ordered this amazing vintage V print fabric that I think will make a fantastic top. I can't wait for it to arrive :D
il_fullxfull.85237007.jpg
anyone have any ideas when it's from? I'm leaning towards mid 40's but I donno

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I won't even try to compete with Grant Fan's darling deco bedroom suite, but will share this shabby little vanity (sans mirror) that I impulsively purchased Friday night, for $35. Came home from a job Sat. at noon to see it had been delivered, at no charge, and was right there against my red front door waiting for me.
3918400104_36b1b22e66.jpg

When I bought it, my plan was to put it in the small hallway between stairs and ground floor bathroom, but wouldn't you know, it's just about an nth too wide, so I had to do some quick rearranging (including moving a large antique drafting table), to put it in one of my creative areas instead.
3918400106_d9de5f4b5a_b.jpg

Emer

One of the Regulars
"Knock-off" vintage

I really wanted a trench-style dress, or jacket dress to wear on the plane for our upcoming vacation. I had this coat in mind...

V277715.jpg

...but it's from Victoria's Secret and is $160. I wanted something a.) less expensive and b.) vintage. Today, I hit the jackpot!

il_430xN_56081891.jpg

Found this lovely grey "fit and flare" jacket dress on etsy for only $36! I'm currently looking for the perfect brooch for it. It's only 3-inches shorter than the VS dress (which may not be an issue since I'm so short--33-inches hits right at my knees from the measurements I took). I plan to pair it with some dark grey tights and black heels, just like the VS model. Can't wait for it to get here!!

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Emer, I like the one you bought more than the VS one! Congrats on your great deal.

Here's my latest purchase:

A girl can never have too many pairs of stockings!

zendy

A-List Customer
Emer: congrats on finding that jacket dress. It's doesn't scream 60's remake like the VS one. I really like it.

Aorta

Familiar Face
I found this wonderful little purse on Etsy... to be honest, I don't think it's actually vintage, only a used coin purse from the (quite modern) Danish label Becksöndergaard. Anyway, I like it.

Inky

One Too Many
analiebe said:
finally! some vintage saddles that are big enough for my gigantor feet!
i'm too excited.... now the wait... all that built-up expectation...

300605254_tp.jpg

Congrats, analiebe! I was watching those too and if I hadn't already bought my red/white muffy saddles I'd have snatched those up - I love the toe shape!

analiebe

A-List Customer
inky.... i know- the toe shape is just gorgeous... you can be sure they're going to a good home and will be much loved & looked after... i'll post a pic of my happy feet encased in them when they arrive!

Maja

New in Town
zendy said:
Emer: congrats on finding that jacket dress. It's doesn't scream 60's remake like the VS one. I really like it.

I think youre right, it's looks a lot like that, but they are nice, eelskin and besides that thay come in all sorts of colors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy