Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Love the coat Mis Sis!

And I so need something like this to go with a jacket I purchased (haven't got a pic yet but it's fabulous ;) )
AKSkirt.jpg

analiebe

A-List Customer
hello lovely ladies... i've been M.I.A. due to a computer meltdown and the meeting of a charming gentleman... hoping you all had a wonderful christmas and may the new year be full of love & laughter for all...

but back to topic....
my lovely "new" presents from my even lovelier new man-friend...

a victorian celluloid brooch & lucite late 40's or early 50's necklace...

4255754991_821b5b042e_o.jpg

4255755031_5965ab9325_o.jpg

4256516482_3e5efc94a3_o.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
23SkidooWithYou said:
Miss G...gorgeous finds! I love the aqua suit! It's so you!

Thank you so much 23SkidooWithYou! I can't wait to wear it!!!!!!

Miss Sis - that is such a gorgeous coat - the colour is amazing.

Analiebe - beautiful brooch and necklace - your new man friend has great taste!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I haven't posted here in so long! Mostly, because I moved almost 3 months back and have been so busy getting the place together....

The great lamp I purchased in Montana back in May! I'm so glad i found a way to keep the stupid cat from knocking it over.
DSC00056.jpg

Magazine rack from Ebay, ridiculously cheap.
DSC00057.jpg

Great tension rod lamp purchased locally. I spent an hour and a half polishing it up the other day.
DSC00060.jpg

50s cat letter holder. OMG how I love these things! Very cheap on Etsy!
DSC00064.jpg

Sweet mid-century wooden cabinet with slide doors - free on Craigslist! I just about died when I walked into that lucky lady's apartment - it was full of Heywood-Wakefield furniture. I wanted it all!
DSC00062.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
The red juicer, restored, next to nothing on Craigslist. I love the way these old juicers work and I've wanted one for a long time. Harder work, but much more satisfying too.
DSC00055.jpg

A headboard lamp from Ebay that I fed a bent clothes hanger through. This way, I could hang it over my vanity mirror to use for makeup lighting.
DSC00051.jpg

I had a pair of sweet turquoise earrings that I loved and wore all the time, and then I lost one. I recently found the exact same ones on Etsy for $4. I couldn't believe it! So now I have 3...
DSC00049.jpg

Bought this compact at the flea market in Raleigh (seriously recommended for anyone who's down that way). I love these compacts with this bar that slides over the top to keep it shut.
DSC00046.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

I cannot tell you how long Tim and I looked for a starburst clock for our new place. We could never find anything that didn't cost over $100. Then this one came up at a local antique mall for $15! Dated later than i preferred, it looked pretty horribly 60s. And then we painted it to match the red accessories in our new kitchen, and are very pleased with the results.
DSC00054.jpg

Really fun pink plastic jewelry box found at an antique store in Eastern WA over the holidays. $7!
DSC00048.jpg

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Kitty, those are great. I especially love the bedlamp. I have a juicer and now am looking for an ice crusher.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
jetgirl said:
Kitty, those are great. I especially love the bedlamp. I have a juicer and now am looking for an ice crusher.

Yes, I'm interested in a crusher as well! And kitchen canisters, silverware, dishtowels, red-handled kitchen utensils....

*sigh* it's like a disease!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Kitty - love the way that clock looks now that you're painted it, good call. And are those the earrings I gave you?

I originally got those earrings, from, um... I don't remember but I know it wasn't you.

You know those cream colored ones with the colored rhinestones you gave me? I found the matching clamper bracelet in Spokane, but for $75. Maybe someday I'll find one at a price I'm willing to pay :-(

EDIT: I totally remember now. Yes! You gave them to me at a Swap and Bop.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Thank you ladies, for kind comments regarding the red coat. I have my chap to thank for finding it for me and convincing me to buy it (like I needed any encouragement!)

And thank you 23Skidoo for the compliment on my hair. You're welcome to come shopping with me anytime, although it's usually an expensive outing!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
My new babies (which I can't walk in before this snow melts!)

DSCN1089.jpg

will be worn together with the What Katie Did tulle fishnet seamed stockings. A winning combo I think!

Coopsgirl

New in Town
I love that starburst clock KittyT. When I was a kid (late 70s) we had a neat gold one that I just loved.

I've been looking for a dress clip for a while and I finally found the perfect one for $8 at a local antique store.

1920s-30sdressclip.jpg

I just got these April Showers powder containers on etsy and I'm going to use them to keep my brooches in. They look 50s to me but I'm not exactly sure.

aprilshowerspowdercontainers.jpg

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Darhling said:
My new babies (which I can't walk in before this snow melts!)

DSCN1089.jpg

will be worn together with the What Katie Did tulle fishnet seamed stockings. A winning combo I think!

So gorgeous! Louboutins and I don't get along, so I guess I'll just admire from afar. :)

Mojito

One Too Many
Analiebe, love the colours and shapes of those beads - beautiful! I'm looking at a few similar necklaces in a sort of rose pink to go with a particular dress, and I think that colour is just gorgeous and a bit different. The broach is a wonderful accent piece.

KittyT, what a collection of finds! Love them all, but the magazine rack particularly calls to me - love those shapes. I'd love to have one in a room with a deco trolly (erm - would need the trolly first...).

Darhling, those heels...wow!

And Coopsgirl, love that dress clip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran