Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Some First World War warrent officers boots I bought a while a go. Didn't look like they had seen much action.

tumblr_mil9doGiEF1r9xcm5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mil9doGiEF1r9xcm5o1_1280.jpg

NICE!!! Any pics with you rockin' 'em? Love the toe and heel taps

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
There is one company, I will have to do some digging to find the name, they are whom the British Army have do military contracts for boots over the decades, they still make the boots but I would imagine they would not do just one single order for a vintage boot. They make some footwear now, but nothing most of us would want to purchase. Also, there has over time been more than one shoe/boot factory make military issue boots.

Everything metal on the bottom of those boots can be removed, but I would not do so. Wear em and floors be damned! LOL!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Some First World War warrent officers boots I bought a while a go. Didn't look like they had seen much action.

tumblr_mil9doGiEF1r9xcm5o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mil9doGiEF1r9xcm5o1_1280.jpg

What I love here is:

1. Colour

2. Proportions

3. Waist

What I don't like?

1. That thread stitched across the quarters. Why? Strength?

2. Suicide heels and soles!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I think the thread stitched across the quarters may have something to do with the liner inside the boot? I seem to recall something similar with a pair of vintage boots I've owned.

Hobnails are terrific if you decide to walk on electromagnetic walls or ceilings, sort of really gives you that extra "stick" like suction, lol! But seriously, the metal bulldozers on the bottom of those boots are not so bad, I would not hesitate wearing them if they were mine...just spend more time wearing em anywhere other than MY home! Weeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwww! lol!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I think the thread stitched across the quarters may have something to do with the liner inside the boot? I seem to recall something similar with a pair of vintage boots I've owned.

Hobnails are terrific if you decide to walk on electromagnetic walls or ceilings, sort of really gives you that extra "stick" like suction, lol! But seriously, the metal bulldozers on the bottom of those boots are not so bad, I would not hesitate wearing them if they were mine...just spend more time wearing em anywhere other than MY home! Weeeeeeeee Hawwwwwwwwww! lol!

LOVE the magnetic part! Jetsons and all that.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The metal could actually be converted....gold....take your wealth wherever you go.....much more effective than a money belt, and you could always "hear" what your investments are doing......and yes....George Jetson would LOVE those boots! "Mr. Sprocket wants me down to the office now"!

Barmey

One of the Regulars
Cheers for the comments folks! Haven't slipped over in them yet. The sound of the hobnails are a bit over kill when I'm walking about town. Excellent for a walk in a muddy field however.

I've also got a pair of three strap officers field boots with the original trees from the same era. I'll post some pictures later. They must of been made for somekind of fairytale giant (or a well fed public school boy) because they are massive!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Cheers for the comments folks! Haven't slipped over in them yet. The sound of the hobnails are a bit over kill when I'm walking about town. Excellent for a walk in a muddy field however.

I've also got a pair of three strap officers field boots with the original trees from the same era. I'll post some pictures later. They must of been made for somekind of fairytale giant (or a well fed public school boy) because they are massive!

Please do post some pictures, would just love to see them!

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Agreed! And they're in AE's custom program. I'm considering having some black suede black leather spectators made . . .

black and what color? They should turn out nice, Just be sure to see if they can color that welt. The "natural" color throws the whole aesthetic off, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats