Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Not mine, but I hope a Lounger won these beauties?:

$(KGrHqMOKpQE7IwNOMyQBPQ8qgmdC!~~60_3.JPG

These damned J&S Aristocraft Hand-Made spades never pop up in my size. Never! The pair above sold for less than they should be worth, IMO.

SteveAS

Practically Family
These damned J&S Aristocraft Hand-Made spades never pop up in my size. Never! The pair above sold for less than they should be worth, IMO.

Wouldn't these measurements (from the listing) put them closer to size 9 than 10?

Length measured along outside bottom: 11 7/8"
Width measured from point to point of the spade sole: 4 11/16"

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
On newer shoes, I trust the labeled size on the lining more than I trust the seller's measurements. On older (pre 1970s) shoes, I lean more toward the measurements.

This is good advice. On a side note, UNLESS you have experience with a particular last shape, outside measurements can almost be tossed out. depending on the welt and shape, variations are huge for shoes that fit the same size foot.

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
This is good advice. On a side note, UNLESS you have experience with a particular last shape, outside measurements can almost be tossed out. depending on the welt and shape, variations are huge for shoes that fit the same size foot.

Yep. Toebox shape is very important -- ie. how much "useable space" there is.

Warbaby

One Too Many
I found these Bostonians in the thrift shop yesterday for $4.99. Made in Italy and in hardly worn condition - all they needed was a good polishing. I like the combination of smooth and pebble grain leather - almost like black-on-black spectators. The pebbble grain leather is very soft and flexible, making them super comfortable for walking.

Bostonians.jpg

BTW - Where would this style fall on the scale of casual to dressy?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Open lacing (found on Derbys/bluchers) is considered more casual than the closed lacing (found on Oxfords/Balmorals.) That said, the color and styling would place them on the upper end of the dressiness scale.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
I found these Bostonians in the thrift shop yesterday for $4.99. Made in Italy and in hardly worn condition - all they needed was a good polishing. I like the combination of smooth and pebble grain leather - almost like black-on-black spectators. The pebbble grain leather is very soft and flexible, making them super comfortable for walking.

Bostonians.jpg

2-toning can be done with texture as well as with color, when done well with textures, the results are fantastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch