Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

GBR

One of the Regulars
Bugsy said:
Picture159.jpg

Picture161.jpg

Picture162.jpg

Apart from the very small photographs which do very little to help your posts - this looks quite new - certainly thirty years north of your aspiration for it Sorry.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice, Sefton. I also would wear a different colored cap.

Will the break in the trousers be lessened if you pull them up more?

I have a belted back jacket of what looks like the exact same material ... a bit short for me, though (I'm a 42 L and it's about a 42).

Feraud

Bartender
I have a Brooks Brothers linen belted back bi-swing suit at the tailor's being altered.
I hope to wear it next weekend at dinner with Mk and the other loungers. Will eventually post pics.

Sir RBH

A-List Customer
GBR said:
Apart from the very small photographs which do very little to help your posts - this looks quite new - certainly thirty years north of your aspiration for it Sorry.
Really?/
Seems very hard to pin a date to it from these images. Looks like a great suit. Love to see some more images please
Thanks

RBH

Bugsy

One Too Many
undertaker said:
WOW, Would you look at those suspenders.

Regards,
J.S.

I got those at a antique store. They are supposed to date from the early 1900's. The stamp on the clasps indicate 18K gold. I assume they were worn for weddings or other special occasions, and were probably a rather expenisive gift.

KObalto

One of the Regulars

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
New three piece suit off the Bay. The pictures made it look like a dark tan/slightly green suit, it's actually a darker brown, but I'm happy with it all the same :)

Brown wool with a blue pinstripe in a medium weight, good quality cloth. Slanted pockets, three interior pockets, one vent on the jacket. Trousers have button adjusters, long zip fly, brace buttons, no beltloops, one rear pocket, and 1 3/4" cuffs. Waistcoat has 6 buttons and four deep pockets.

Untitled-Stitched-01.jpg

Untitled-Stitched-02.jpg

DSC07607.jpg

DSC07603.jpg

I put it on to test the fit and take the pictures when I got home yesterday, it's so comfortable I wore it the rest of the day!

The braces I picked up from an antique store after picking up the suit, and after wearing them for about an hour the sitiching on the rear center leather came undone, so I got out needles and thread and fixed them. I may have to redo the rest of the stitching as well, but it's not difficult.

Cheers,
Nick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner