Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WH1 said:
Only if I can make it look as good as you always do sir, of course I have told you before that I want some of the peak lapel suits you have displayed and I will be sneaking over to your house later for your VS hat. I don't even care if your grandfather haunts me because of it;)

I wouldn't recommend even trying to get my VS hat away from me. Doing so would make your most recent adventure across the way look like a trip to a theme park. :D

(Can you tell, I REALLY like my hat). ;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Baron Kurtz said:
i find that this jacket has been very badly pressed at some point in its life. The lapel should be pressed down to about the level of the top button
You see this all the time, where the presser attempts to press the lapel into place rather than allowing the lapel to find its natural roll. The coat maker spent hours hand padding the lapel with hundreds of precise stitches in order to form a roll and a presser comes along and just smashes it down. :rage:

A not seen here before, though i've had it a while, Palm Beach DB suit. (I wish i could find a SB! variant) Probably late 1930s. It was filthy so i washed it. I'm in two minds as to whether i should have it pressed. I like the wrinkled look. This one has a particularly well sculpted waist. Trousers are standard American 1930s style so i didn't bother photographing them.

NewPalmBeach1.jpg
NewPalmBeach2.jpg

Made from the original cloth.

NewPalmBeach3.jpg

NewPalmBeach4.jpg

bk

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You are going to love Japan Matt. If at all possible spend some time in Kyoto. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and walkable to boot. Bring some extra cash and spend a night or two at a traditional inn,you won't regret spending the money.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
I wholeheartedly agree with Douglas. I spent a few days at a traditional Kyoto Inn. Felt like Lafcadio Hearn or something. Excuse the digression.

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
A not seen here before, though i've had it a while, Palm Beach DB suit. (I wish i could find a SB! variant) Probably late 1930s. It was filthy so i washed it. I'm in two minds as to whether i should have it pressed. I like the wrinkled look. This one has a particularly well sculpted waist. Trousers are standard American 1930s style so i didn't bother photographing them.

NewPalmBeach1.jpg
NewPalmBeach2.jpg

Made from the original cloth.

NewPalmBeach3.jpg

NewPalmBeach4.jpg

bk

Baron,
That's a fine Palm Beach suit! Looks just like mine! I posted a thread on some questions I had regarding the authenticity/date of mine. I know you could give me, and others a better understanding of what I'm working with! And, yes, the un-pressed look does have its attractiveness. Although I don't think I could pull it off.

=Adrian=

benstephens

Practically Family
Sorry Baron, Cant say I like the unpressed look, just peronal preference though.

It is very nice. Again, I have been looking for a single brested one. I have a single brested cotton suit, that I thought was mid to late 40s but I now think mid 30s with my review of trouser styles and lapels etc.

I will take some photos of it. It is a wonderfull suit and English!

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
Dagwood said:
Found this suit today. 1940's and in perfect condition. I just wish it were a tad bigger.

pict0178za1.jpg

Dagwood, this looks like a fine suit on you! Perhaps there might be some room in the trousers to let out a bit? Other than that looks like it was tailored to fit you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner