Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks Gents.

I never take these blessings for granted, as I appreciate I was just lucky being at the right place at the right time at the right price (when Jupiter must have been in alignment with Pluto..etc!), and (and this is always a *risk* when buying from abroad on the internet), the damn thing FITS TO A TEE!

It's funny 'for me' to hear such compliments, when it seems I am *in awe* of the collections and knowledge that so many of our members have in here, to be honest.

I still (strangely enough) consider 'myself' a *newbie* at this vintage game and am continually on a 'learning curve' ...still...I guess that's what keeps it interesting, that thirst and 'hunt' for more knowledge (you can never know enough)...;)

Thanks again Gents for the kind comments. Knowing how knowledgeable many of you are, I feel very humbled by many of the things you've said :eek:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Cheers Matt.

Those wools do have a great look and feel to them don't they. Looking good yourself there my friend.

Matt Deckard said:
Looks great on you Paddy, I do love those rough wools. I have one with a very similar wool... I just wish it had a vest.

n642563810_1598994_5372299.jpg

WineGuy

A-List Customer
PADDY said:
That's a GREAT look you have going on there. I'm all for the 'detail,' so what time piece would you sport with that ensemble then..? (just for the finishing touches).

EHbw.jpg

Sorry it took me so long to respond Paddy, for some reason I missed your quoting me.

Answer: If I had the bucks...Franck Muller Casablanca.

watch_03.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I think I've posted this suit in here before, but this pic captures the style and silhouette wonderfully.

1940-dated 'Fashion Park' suit.
me007.jpg

habberdasher

A-List Customer
Vintage lover said:
Me in my first suit on the day of my graduation party. The limo is a 56 Imperial, which was hired as a gift from my parents.
joshuagradutiondaymay13.jpg
Hey great style digging the clubmasters and hat. Great car love the Imperials! Is that suit vintage?

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
Unfortunately no. Its an Alfani suit I picked up at Macy's. The first suit i ever bought. Combined with my dad's Macy's card and the sale price it only cost me $75. Here's a pic of me sitting in the Imperial...

Me standing in the front...

Leaving the dinner...

habberdasher

A-List Customer
Vintage lover said:
Unfortunately no. Its an Alfani suit I picked up at Macy's. The first suit i ever bought. Combined with my dad's Macy's card and the sale price it only cost me $75. Here's a pic of me sitting in the Imperial...

Leaving the dinner...
But still a nice suit got a 40s feel with the wide peaked lapels and tapered look

Bugsy

One Too Many
Vintage lover said:

Leaving the dinner...

What a great gift from your parents. You look fabulous. Congratulations on the diploma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk