Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Swirl dresses!

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Lovely Kate O !

Well, my friends time is really running out and I TRULY need to get rid of my deadstock Swirls as I am starting to pack things up for our cross country move. I have an adorable late 40s/50s pitcher/vase I am going to throw in as a surprise bonus to whomever buys the dresses! (hint, it is something small, decorative and stamped on the bottom: guaranteed 22K gold USA:eusa_clap

PM me your offer on my perty Swirls.

Sonia

soniashops@gmail.com

Foofoogal

Banned
shopgirl.
They are nice. Seems like someone would want them. I do see Swirls as true vintage investments. They epitomize the 1950s era to me.
Hope you sell them and me mine. lol

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Foofoogal said:
shopgirl.
They are nice. Seems like someone would want them. I do see Swirls as true vintage investments. They epitomize the 1950s era to me.
Hope you sell them and me mine. lol

Foof, yours are darlin! I luv the smaller one (my size);)
am glad i looked at yours... now i feel better about my asking price lol

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
cherry lips said:
Thank you Fleur for this thread, I adore all the different Swirls!
I love the purple/yellow color combo:
3700429031_f9d58f0849.jpg

These are my favorite colors! If I could find a swirl like that I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
Just a running question

There's this vintage shop i frequent and the other day i noticed the owner was selling a Swirl for 20$ its most likely from the late fifties to the early sixties, its in great condition has the original button, tag, and no holes.
Its color blocked red and navy blue with a big single rose w/ stem embroidered on the front. It has a matching blue cord for the rap (i don't recall seeing such a thing on the Swirls here) and is made of a thicker woven cotton. I would totally buy this and keep it but the neck line is too high for me. Its a size medium to small i would guess.
the point Does anyone here want me to pick it up for them? I would only charge the original 20 plus shipping.

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
Oh I'm interested! :)) I guess I'll PM you too! Did you snap a photo?

hailey greenhat said:
There's this vintage shop i frequent and the other day i noticed the owner was selling a Swirl for 20$ its most likely from the late fifties to the early sixties, its in great condition has the original button, tag, and no holes.
Its color blocked red and navy blue with a big single rose w/ stem embroidered on the front. It has a matching blue cord for the rap (i don't recall seeing such a thing on the Swirls here) and is made of a thicker woven cotton. I would totally buy this and keep it but the neck line is too high for me. Its a size medium to small i would guess.
the point Does anyone here want me to pick it up for them? I would only charge the original 20 plus shipping.

D

Deleted member 12480

has anyone noticed that swirls seem to be slightly coming down in price again?
i've seen a couple of UK ones go for £20!

could it be because everyone seems to have quietened down about them - in attempt to keep them to themselves?

Just think its odd that those ones went for so cheap!

xxx

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
I watch most of the Swirls I can find on Ebay, and I think at least one of those you're mentioning was tatty and stained - I was surprised it went for so much! But you're right, there have been a couple which went surprisingly cheaply - one of the ones I saw was deadstock. But mostly, they're still vastly overpriced.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
HEADS UP

There's a swirl dress on "you-know-where" right now for .99 cents. Only ships to the USA, though. It's in good condition and it's size 38 bust :)

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
The woman that had bought my deadstock swirls that i had posted about some weeks ago, backed out.
I still have them if anyone is interested in a fast summer sale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy