Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Swirl dresses!

maisie

Practically Family
Kate O Potato said:
I just missed out on this one! My young man's dad was bidding on it for me but put my max bid in dollars not pounds... I might have got it otherwise! Gutted.

I don't want to sound too cynical, but as with most of the Swirls on Ebay, it'll probably end up in a vintage store at a huge mark-up very soon...

Oh no! Although with the bad pound:dollar rate theres not too much in it anymore :(!
Its so sweet, and it looked like a nice length too! Just wonder who got it in the end (hopefully not a dealer!)

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:
I have a copy that I made. It's one of my favorite patterns!
2783634269_4e782c7f9d.jpg

Here's a back view so GreyAndWhiteCat can see how the back works
2783635117_774288dc3b.jpg

ooh it is so cute! Can I ask what pattern it is?

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Well, isn't this a coinsidense,,,, I was googling around tonite and found this subject of the Swirl dress.

I happen to have 2 gorgeous, authentic 50s Swirl wrap dresses, that, I was debating on whether to list on ebay. Because, I am moving and was going through my closet. They were new old stock when I bought them last year and, only tried them on. They are both a vinti size 20 1/2 (L - XL by todays standards) and even though I was a sz 10 last year,,,, they did fit! i've lost weight and wear a 6 now so, i have no use for them.

Should I post pic's here? ;)

They are both the epitome of summer splendor :)

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Hi, I will be posting them on the classifieds board here.

I just had myself another WoW! moment,,,,,,, one of the dresses has the original Swirl hang tag and both have the original store price hang tags that read: The May CO. and the price was $11 :D

My camera is not doing so well and, i've got lots to do today,,,,,

shopgirl61

A-List Customer
Foofoogal said:
It is for non dealers. I cannot post there as I am a dealer. :(
I could sure offer some good deals to my FL friends though. :eusa_doh:

umm, I don't think i'm a dealer as i have not sold on ebay in years.

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
Thanks chaps! It's a couple of inches too short for my liking so my mum is in the process of unpicking the hem right now. There's a faint line on the pattern where the fold has been, but hopefully it'll not look too bad. My mum's lovely, but she doesn't quite realise how valuable the dress is to me and I keep hopping around over her shoulder, screeching "be careful!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran