Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Swirl dresses!

Christy

One of the Regulars
PS I love the one you found, it's so pretty and what a steal!

I want a swirl dress, but I haven't been able to find one! Maybe I'm just not searching for it correctly.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thank you Fleur for this thread, I adore all the different Swirls!
I love the purple/yellow color combo:
3700429031_f9d58f0849.jpg

Lenore, you and this dress were truly made for eachother! <3
Picture029.jpg

Christy

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the welcome Foofoogal! I used to be a red head! More of an unnatural red though. Currently my hair is more like a red brown. I'd love a green swirl! lol

pixie

Familiar Face
Does anyone ever see Swirl dresses in plus sizes? I am a 20-22 normally and would love to find a vintage Swirl dress but can never seem to locate one. Feel free to let me know if one ever comes up. Thanks girls ;)

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
pixie said:
Does anyone ever see Swirl dresses in plus sizes? I am a 20-22 normally and would love to find a vintage Swirl dress but can never seem to locate one. Feel free to let me know if one ever comes up. Thanks girls ;)
I'm not sure what measurements correspond with that size but I seem to see 40 in bust and 30 in waist pretty frequently. There are also plenty of different brands with the same wrap style, or homemade dresses in the Swirl style. If you can sew there are a few patterns that are similar.

pixie

Familiar Face
Audrey Horne said:
I'm not sure what measurements correspond with that size but I seem to see 40 in bust and 30 in waist pretty frequently. There are also plenty of different brands with the same wrap style, or homemade dresses in the Swirl style. If you can sew there are a few patterns that are similar.
I am about a 42c chest and 40-42 waist depending on the clothing style. thanks for the help.

Gigi

New in Town
I've been searching for Swirl dresses for sometime now, but I can never find one with material/a pattern I like. So many of you have really charming ones, but everyone I come across for sale is so ugly!

D

Deleted member 12480

*bump*

ARGHH

i saw a swirl dress on YESTERDAY GIRL's blog and i immediately needed one. I asked her where she got it and she said etsy. so i sort of gingerly searched for 'swirl dresses' but i felt so stupid especially as all the results either had a 'swirl patter' on it or a 'swirly skirt' they didn't look anything like these!!

Then i tried ebay UK and USA, nothing!

what are you actually searching for (literally: typing in the search box) - how do you find those 'brand' named ones with the swirl label in??
ARGH

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Gigi said:
I've been searching for Swirl dresses for sometime now, but I can never find one with material/a pattern I like. So many of you have really charming ones, but everyone I come across for sale is so ugly!

I feel the same way. I search Ebay and everything I find is hideous and so homely looking!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
deleteduser said:
i saw a swirl dress on YESTERDAY GIRL's blog and i immediately needed one. I asked her where she got it and she said etsy. so i sort of gingerly searched for 'swirl dresses' but i felt so stupid especially as all the results either had a 'swirl patter' on it or a 'swirly skirt' they didn't look anything like these!!

Then i tried ebay UK and USA, nothing!

what are you actually searching for (literally: typing in the search box) - how do you find those 'brand' named ones with the swirl label in??
ARGH

You need to make sure that you browse to the vintage clothing category and then search, or that you're including "vintage" or "vtg" somewhere in your search terms... and then you're still going to have a lot of chaff to sift through. You can also search for wrap dresses. In addition, make sure that you're searching the descriptions as well, because some sellers may not put "Swirl" in the title and will just mention the label in the description. Welcome to shopping for vintage!

December

One of the Regulars
I got mine on Ebay uk. It's not in great condition- yellowing a bit around the edges- but it was super cheap.

I've seen a couple on Etsy in the past few days.

Just keep checking back. One will pop up eventually.

Ms Sew-n-Sew

One of the Regulars
Hi deleteduser

You have excellent taste! I've got a few Swirls: three from ebay US and one from Etsy. I also picked up, very cheaply from ebay UK, a nice pink gingham dress (probably 60s, but very 50s looking) that has Swirl-esque fun pockets and ties in the same way as a Swirl.

Do you sew? There are quite a lot of wrap around dress patterns that also are similar to Swirls (the real thing is fantastic, though!).

Good luck searching!

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Swirl Pattern

I love this thread. I've read through it and there was a pattern posted but alas, it's not showing now. Does anyone know of a pattern similar to the Swirls?

I'm looking for easy Spring/Summer dressed to make.

D

Deleted member 12480

oh - yes!

i finally managed to find one that was an actually swirl. too bad its far too big.
xxx

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Grnidwitch said:
I love this thread. I've read through it and there was a pattern posted but alas, it's not showing now. Does anyone know of a pattern similar to the Swirls?

I'm looking for easy Spring/Summer dressed to make.

There are a ton of patterns for back wrapped dresses out there. I have 5 in my collection. Just put "wrap dress" in an eBay search and save the search. Most of the wrap patterns are for 70's Diane Von Furstenberg dresses, but there are back wrap dress patterns to be had. We can't post active eBay auctions here, but there are currently 13 wrap back dress patterns that I would call Swirl-type in my eBay "wrap dress" search.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
The rising price of Swirls???

I just saw a Swirl go a couple of days ago on Ebay for $147.50, with 14 bids!!! It was apparently a 40's model, and a quite sweet and unusual geometric type print, but still, jaw-dropping or what?

zendy

A-List Customer
the most I've paid for one was $40, and for a cotton dress that is still expensive in my book.
A cotton dress better have the ability to clean my house and sing me to sleep for $147

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy