Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Swirl dresses!

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
These are recent Swirls that sold on Etsy. Too expensive for me unfortunately. What I would do for that blue one...anybody buy these?

redswirl.jpg

blueswirl.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
Once upon a time there was a yellow swirl with flowers at Babylon Mall. I hesitated and lost it. It is the yellow one in the tutorial of Swirl dresses. :rage:

Kicked myself since. I still have a few for sale on my site but have not forgot you Annie. lol

sixsexsix

Practically Family
I think I am going to sell my Swirl, it is too big for me and I never wear it. I moved the back button over to try and make it smaller, as well as took up the hem, but these can both be moved back/let out.

If anyone is interested please PM me. I am a 36" bust and it is too large

sixsexsix said:

Inky

One Too Many
oh it's lovely, sixsexsix!!

I do not think it looks bad on you at all, but if you never wear it then I guess it's time to move it forward! I wish it were swimmingly huge on you so I could wear it ;) (i need a 46 bust at least).

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Unfortunately I don't think it's that big, probably a 38-40. I will measure when I get home from work though!

It is lovely if I am just standing straight, but as soon as I start walking the bak starts gaping, even after I moved the button :(

D

Deleted member 12480

Foofoogal said:
Once upon a time there was a yellow swirl with flowers at Babylon Mall. I hesitated and lost it. It is the yellow one in the tutorial of Swirl dresses. :rage:

Kicked myself since. I still have a few for sale on my site but have not forgot you Annie. lol

aaw you are lovelylylylyly!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
I've been swept along in this Swirl madness!

I've just purchased this pattern off etsy $7.75 including postage to the UK, it's winging it's way over from America as we speak, can't wait to make it up, it's a little big in the bust but should be easy enough to alter.
Simplicity634170sHousedressPatternB39.jpg

Ms Sew-n-Sew

One of the Regulars
Hello Ladies

I just picked up this Swirl-a-like pattern from Etsy for $12.50 (McCall's 2440). I can't afford the real thing anymore, so it will be well used!

Swirllikewrap.jpg

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
Ms Sew-n-Sew Your patterns very cute, somehow I think we've got in early with our 'Swirl' style patterns before these become too pricey! A pattern seems the cheaper option as the dresses are very popular and have prices to match.
I've already transferred my pattern onto some Kwik Trace to alter it and was very surprised at the size of the pocket piece, what am I meant to store in it?

Ms Sew-n-Sew

One of the Regulars
Thank you Poggleberry. I am a big fan of huge pockets - the bigger the better! One of my proper Swirls has pockets the size of those on the pattern I just bought and they are so handy. I keep everything in them - they are perfect at work! The only thing I don't like about the pattern I just purchased is the use of so much bias binding - I'll probably make a facing for much of the back section instead.

Inky

One Too Many
I have a Sad Swirl!! :(

I purchased this deadstock Swirl last year and have only worn it a handful of times - last time i got a spot of salad dressing on it just over the left breast (of course!!) and the product I used to clean out the stain left a discolored mark that subsequent laundering and dry cleaning have failed to remove.

The fabric is a tiny striped blue/white and I think I could do some embroidery on to hide the area but I want some advice/suggestions please. I'm open to other ideas too!

I am thinking of a large monogram or initial? I'm not a floral person so those are out for me. I also thought of a pinup style (from sublimestitching.com) but that might be too much.

I have no intention of reselling the garment and I won't wear it as-is, so otherwise it sits forlorn and lonely in my closet.

3655289281_faa1de67df_o.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Inky, that dress color is so neutral you could probably wear any kind of brooch with it!

I tried that but where the stain fell is too low for a brooch to look right on the spot. it's really more like on my breast than above it where a brooch makes more sense.

D

Deleted member 12480

why not a cute little square that matches the pockets?

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
I think a monogram would be perfect,i agree with you i think the pinup thing would be too much.With such a subdued pattern i think a monogram ah la laverne & shirly style would look lovely.

crwritt

One Too Many
Inky said:
I tried that but where the stain fell is too low for a brooch to look right on the spot. it's really more like on my breast than above it where a brooch makes more sense.

I think you could find an ironic design and hand embroider it, such as those
on the sublime stitching site. Did you see the one of knitting needles?
craftopia_0.gif

You could combine that with your initial, or possibly find a pinup portait embroidery design that looks either something like you or like one of your tattoos?

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
I think what I might do in your place is buy a set of matching appliques, and sew them on in strategic places, like over the stain, on the corners of the pockets, at the waistline, or near the neckline. Strawberries sound nice to me at the moment :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21