Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Swirl dresses!

Bunny

New in Town
Oh you girls!! As if I didn't need another reason to shop!! I feel another fashion addiction coming on! haha!

I love a vintage cotton day dress, nothing is more comfortable! I think I may have to get my hands on one of these beauties!

I am totally enjoying this thread! Keep the beautiful pictures coming Ladies!! :)

Inky

One Too Many
fuzzylizzie said:
Inky, I love those pockets and how they did the stripes. Very nice!!

thank you fuzzylizzie! I read all over your article before i bid and consulted my Swirl Guru, Miss Fleur. I consider myself lucky to have won it :) I sure hope it fits now!

:eek:fftopic: btw, my skirt from the hoe-down border print fabric I purchased from you is nearly done - and I found another fabulous cowboy saloon border print to make into a skirt for my growing collection of crazy border prints - now if I could find an atomic/space/rocket ship print I would be in hog heaven!

funny how our collections/obsessions happen without us even realizing it!

PS

A-List Customer
Inky you are going to be a smash in that dress! Welcome to the club!

Inky

One Too Many
alright swirl aficionados, I received my blue and white striped swirl dress today and it's even prettier in person. the pockets are all pin-tucked and mitered and it still has it's original price tag on it ($7.98 US). such detail for a casual garment, amazing.

It does fit (yay!) and doesn't look half bad - even just a quick try on was a good sign.

My question is this - The pockets of mine have little ties that are meant to be in bows, which look lovely, but then if I tie the belt in front in a bow, well, it's just too cutesy for my tastes. I looked at your pictures and notice some of you tie in back - I don't have enough length for a full bow in back, and I don't think I'd want a dreaded "butt bow" anyway, but I was thinking if I tied it in a knot then tucked the ends in the belt that would be find - is that a good way to wear it? Has anyone tried belting their swirls?

thank you so much for your lovely photos that encouraged me to take the plunge!

Foofoogal

Banned
I personally think whatever you like and feel comfortable with is what you need to do.
I think Swirls are so unique and cannot believe you have one with the original tag. Not sure if I would be brave enough to wear it but that is what it is for.
I always get compliments except one person asked if I got the dress in Puerto Rico as it had lots of embroidery on it. :eusa_doh:
I have one Swirl that zips in front and would love to find more like it. I am debating listing 2 of them. One is a bit too cutesy for me and one a bit small for me. I am not sure as I see Swirls go up in value and wondering if I would regret it. Anyone a bit tightfisted on their Swirls. I find it strange I actually find comfort in not only Swirls but vintage cardigans. Nostalgia and what one desires can be odd sometimes.
no store promotions

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
My first ever Swirl-a-like is a bit short to properly bow at the back so I often tie it in a knot for ease. Do you mean doing that at the back or doing a knot at the front? I personally think they look best tied at the back as it looks more 'dress-like' rather than 'house-dress-like' but that is just my own humble opinion!

Inky

One Too Many
Foofoogal - It occurred to me not to wear it either since it has it's price tag, but you're right, it was meant to be worn! I do plan to hand wash/line dry it though to keep it nice for as long as possible.

Fleur - yes, tied in a knot in back with the ends tucked in is what I meant and I think I will try it out that way - I plan to wear it on the 4th, since it is blue and white along with my red hand-tooled wedges. You know, for that little holiday we celebrate on this side of the pond ;)

thanks for the feedback ladies, always appreciated!

Foofoogal

Banned
Turn around. Let me see your buttons. lol

No store promotions allowed

there is one listed on the bay right now with pink poodles but doesn't say Swirl. A bit high but so cute. ;)

Family is coming in this wknd. for the 4th. and I am supposed to be getting ready. :eek:

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I had the same dilemma with my first deadstock Swirl, but now I've had quite a few so you get a bit blasé about it! I am always seeing NOS ones on eBay, so they are more common than you might think, FooFoo!

Foofoogal

Banned
Fleur, I am not on the bay much lately. May I ask you why I am not able to find the zip up front ones much? Is there another name for them? Sort of like Zip n Go dress but Swirl. Thanks.

Inky

One Too Many
ugh. i succumbed. This is on it's way to me now. Red Gingham.

3700829091_10072a625d.jpg

i am going to unsub from Fedora because it's bad for my wallet.

zendy

A-List Customer
I put a best offer on that yesterday! Dang it for not checking my ebay sooner to see my counter offer! well, I'm glad you got it, but If it doesn't work out for you......:)

Inky

One Too Many
zendy said:
I put a best offer on that yesterday! Dang it for not checking my ebay sooner to see my counter offer! well, I'm glad you got it, but If it doesn't work out for you......:)

Ack! Zendy, i'm sorry!! BUT there is a chance the sleeve may be a bit tight on my arms, so I will definitely let you know first if it doesn't fit!!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Here's me in my first ever ever one, it's also the most well-loved and frayed, a fair few of my subsequent ones have been NOS, but this one still has some life in her yet! The pic is from a shoot I did a few weeks ago :)

3700429031_f9d58f0849.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points