Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Swirl dresses!

JennyLou

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
Here's me in my first ever ever one, it's also the most well-loved and frayed, a fair few of my subsequent ones have been NOS, but this one still has some life in her yet! The pic is from a shoot I did a few weeks ago :)

3700429031_f9d58f0849.jpg
the dress is so cute. great picture

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Fleur your photo is breathtaking, the colours are just wonderful, you look fantastic.

Inky

One Too Many
Here I am in my new (2nd!!) Swirl, a red gingham number with black and white floral embroidery on the pockets. We were going to a charity BBQ at a ranch about 30 minutes north of our home.
3717232772_4c337760da.jpg

and here it is out in the wild (way to windy for the hat - now I need a hat pin or I may put a little elastic band on the backside).

3716423093_8923d99745.jpg

I'm hooked ladies, so now the swirl-finding flock has increased by at least one more member. Darn you all!

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
Inky said:
Here I am in my new (2nd!!) Swirl, a red gingham number with black and white floral embroidery on the pockets. We were going to a charity BBQ at a ranch about 30 minutes north of our home.

and here it is out in the wild (way to windy for the hat - now I need a hat pin or I may put a little elastic band on the backside).

I'm hooked ladies, so now the swirl-finding flock has increased by at least one more member. Darn you all!

Dang, you are WAY to sassy for your own good! I tells ya...

Inky said:

Inky you look FAB!!!!! LOVE it!!! I have no Swirls, but I do have a Princess Peggy that wraps the same way and I adore it.

zendy

A-List Customer
epr25 said:
Here's mine I love it! It is however the hardest thing I own to iron!

1-3.jpg
[/IMG]

OH OH you make me cry. That's identical to the yellow one I lost on ebay a few weeks ago.

Foofoogal

Banned
oh my stars. where did you get the lamp. my brother would about die to get one. He has wanted one forever. He has a tiny little one.
:eek:fftopic: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085334/ Ralphie.
------------------------
The Swirl is amazing. Perfect color and design. I just keep stashing them away like my flashy vintage hostess aprons. I have no idea why. Like a little squirrel hoarding Swirl dresses. lol
http://www.sandysfancypants.blogspot.com

Some sort of mental comfort knowing they are there. I used to do that with my vintage dolls. I had up to 40. One day I just met my quota and was fine. Is it just me?

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I have a 70s version of the pattern, in my kids size. Gonna refashion some old shets that we dont use into it first, see how it goes before I spend the $ on material.
swirl.gif

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
This is another of mine, but it's not an actual Swirl, it's a home made copy. I didn't realise that, though, until I got a real one! It's got a skirt with 3 gores at the front (two big ones on each side of the back) and lovely gathering above the semi-circular pockets.

3723929227_1fac10f881.jpg

This is me in my brown floral one from my first post:

3695551662_e38c3e618f.jpg

I still have three more I haven't posted yet! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21