Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

46 inches...with instructions included!

sam0619z.jpg

sam0618.jpg

The grip lock and end lock ties were nice concepts. Threading the small end through the label later replaced them because they are cheaper to make. :rolleyes::eusa_doh:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Cool! Palm trees for Palm Sunday?

I never thought of that...

Does it look hand painted? A Van Wert is not exactly something I would expect to find in a thrift store. That was a great find!

No, it's not hand-painted. Yeah, it was a good find. Do anybody know who usually marketed Van Wert ties (besides Haband)?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
'30s on the left (much shorter than the other) and late '40s to early '50s on right. I finally 'got the girl'!! Set me back five clams each (ha!) but I've been looking for one of those peekaboos for a while so I didn't quibble.

DSCN6911.jpg

DSCN6912.jpg

A couple of painted ties. One airbrushed that I think the word "egregious" might fit quite well. 4.75" blade.

OhrbachsTie1.jpg

OhrbachsTie2.jpg

The other is a standard handpainted in "California U.S.A. by Linde" with Daffodil motif; 4.5" wide. Quite nice for spring. I have quite a few by this maker, including the painted lady I posted a few pages back.

LindeDaffodilsTie.jpg

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails