Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
^^Wow, Wally, you do go back...Yes, Engineer Bill on KHJ (I think), and Sheriff John on KTLA (I think), and the Linkers with Three Passports to Adventure (but was that just a local show?) I recall Bill Burrud, but not Beachcomber Bill. Now, back to neckties...By the way, what's going on with Quigley Brown? I haven't seen a post by him in a while.

I'm around....I've just been busy. I'm ready to post some spring season ones soon. :)

Dan'l

Practically Family
I've been meaing to post pictures of this tie I found this past holiday season. It was in the box and appears to have never been worn. Well, it's been worn once by me at this point ;)
I love the colors and style. The tag says all silk and the label is Artcraft.
P4170029.jpg

P4170030.jpg

Next, I found these this past Saturday. I really love the bandana looking one. Both feel like silk but no tags so not sure. The brown one has no labels but reminds of a couple of the ties that I've purchased from Widebrim in the past.
P4160014.jpg

P4170032.jpg

P4170031.jpg

I'm not a man of very many vices but this vintage tie collecting has gotten in my veins it would seem :)

Dan'l

Practically Family
John, Thanks again for posting the tie seminar. When I get a chance in the next day or so I plan to look at all of them. I'll reply on YouTube and in the thread here.
I'm on the verge of becoming a vintage tie junkie. It could be much worse :D

We need to list all of the tie collecting books for an eventual sticky on ties. I have:
Fit to Be Tied: Vintage Ties of the Forties and Early Fifties (Recollectibles) [Hardcover] By Rod Dyer and Ron Spark Pix by Steve Sakai. Buy it used on Amazon for cheap.

The pictures are neat. A good beginner book on ties lots of pictures and some info on makers, designers and styles. Intro by Actor, comedian and magician Harry Anderson (Judge Stone on TV's Night Court) a noted vintage tie buff.

We need to list all of the tie collecting books for an eventual sticky on ties. I have:
Fit to Be Tied: Vintage Ties of the Forties and Early Fifties (Recollectibles) [Hardcover] By Rod Dyer and Ron Spark Pix by Steve Sakai. Buy it used on Amazon for cheap.

The pictures are neat. A good beginner book on ties lots of pictures and some info on makers, designers and styles. Intro by Actor, comedian and magician Harry Anderson (Judge Stone on TV's Night Court) a noted vintage tie buff.

You missed Ties that Blind 1945-1975, Popular and collectable neckties 1955 to present, 20th Century Neckties: Pre-1955 there are others I missed too no doubt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn