Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
CIMG2684.jpg

CIMG2685.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I know these ties don't excite the masses in the same way that hand painted silks do, but they excite me. Here are some more 'Tootal' ties, all found for 50p or £1 in charity shops in Kettering:

First a 'Black Quality':
IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

This is a 'Standard Quality':
IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

This is a 'Green Quality':
IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

Aside from the Tootals, I also found this rather simple 1950s terylene tie:
IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I've been very impressed with the ties here over the past few posts! I had a lucky week myself here ($5 a piece)

tumblr_m1nxw53uUm1r7s6tdo1_500.jpg

I must say, I'm a little shocked with the ties on here; bold is an understatement! I will say, though, that I find the red one third from the left to be very attractive. I would wear that. The one next to it with the cherries is kind of neat too.

Clearly my taste in ties is EXTREMELY conservative compared to the loungers here! Very remarkable! This forum is so great; it never fails to teach me something each time I log on.

MB15

New in Town
Hello Two Types
May be a silly question, but what is the difference between the three named quality brands?
Greetings
Marco

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
yes. The different taste in ties is quite obvious. I think I like the best of both worlds. Some few bold geometric designs from the 40s and many ties with the smaller pattern (or stripes ...plaids) from the 30s.

here I love the left one much more. I don't like handpainted ties at all. (Maybe the whistling wolf ones)

PS: The green quality tootal is great too. I would wear it a lot! Great taste Two Types!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
yes. The different taste in ties is quite obvious. I think I like the best of both worlds. Some few bold geometric designs from the 40s and many ties with the smaller pattern (or stripes ...plaids) from the 30s

I find that I'm oddly attracted to ties with a certain sort of geometric pattern - even though I couldn't imagine me wearing them. Maybe it's some kind of..what you call this? Displacement activity? Perhaps I'm so fascinated with them exactly because they look so odd to me.

Like this one:

york_2-2-12020.JPG

Mario

I'll Lock Up
If you find a hoard of those, send them to me. I'll wear them. :p

I actually - and very seriously - pondered the idea of buying this one. I would put it in the back of my closet and only look at it by candle light in the dead of night when everyone is sound asleep so I wouldn't have to be afraid of any disturbances. You know...I'm pretty sure all my neighbors are watching me already... :eeek: ;)

I actually - and very seriously - pondered the idea of buying this one. I would put it in the back of my closet and only look at it by candle light in the dead of night when everyone is sound asleep so I wouldn't have to be afraid of any disturbances. You know...I'm pretty sure all my neighbors are watching me already... :eeek: ;)

:rofl: I wear them all the time. Nobody says boo. :p If I wear a plain stripe or solid then they would think I was going to a funeral. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy