Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i recently acquired a batch of deadstock 1930s French ties. i can easily imagine some of the more jazzy, brash ones being sported by the small time gangsters down the local Bal Musette.

(this is a bistro rather than a Bal Musette, but you get the idea):

french2c.jpg

L1040608.jpg

L1040604.jpg

L1040597.jpg

L1040598.jpg

L1040599.jpg

L1040605.jpg

the widest ones are 4.5".
all are very short.

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
HBK: The green and white diagonal stripes and the blue/green sort of checked ties are fantastic. And thanks for posting the pics of the labels.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really like them all. Maybe the green/white one in the first close up is even better. I think I could do completely without bold look ties if I had some more of this style.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Flo, you should have bought them while you had the chance you silly billy. ;)

You could say the very same thing to me - and I would reply with the very same words Flo used. ;)
Those are some wonderful ties you fetched there.

Trouble is these days that most really nice ties on Ebay start at around $25 or so.

I also love really that US-tie on the left...well, actually I love both of them... :D

L1040609.jpg

Last edited:

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Which is why I'll be putting up some more ties here on the Lounge very soon, Mario.

What?!? To ask $25 per tie? :eeek: ;) :D

Last time I went looking for ties here in Berlin I only found amazingly dreadful 60's/70's technicolor ties.
I guess all the good ones have been used as wicks for Molotov cocktails during Berlin's infamous 1st of May 'celebrations' back in the 80's... ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto