Show us your TIES

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Veronica Parra, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Ya, ich weib. It goes without saying. Danke, brother...

2. Fly Boy

Fly Boy One of the Regulars

Some wonderful ties there - The first and seventh especially in the second photo remind me of Errol Flynn's in this photo - I've recently been considering whether I might be able to replicate it myself.
    [​IMG]

3. cookie

cookie I'll Lock Up

Thanks for that great shot of Australia's famous son! Here is a beauty I just got. [​IMG]

4. Shangas

Shangas I'll Lock Up

My latest choker:

[​IMG]

5. Nice, old boy! Looks like a knot-planned tie. Any labels? (And Errol Flynn was one handsome rogue Tasmanian.)

6. That is certainly a knot planned tie and definitely right up my alley. I absolutely hate plain stripes and checks. Give me bold ties like this. The rest can be used for boy's schools and military applications. :p

7. Hear, hear!

8. Quigley Brown

Quigley Brown Call Me a Cab

This super-wide beauty measures 4 3/4 inches at its widest. It reminds me of Easter eggs. It's titled 'The Californian' by Sunshines of Los Angeles.

[​IMG][/IMG]

9. ^^Nice colors. I've never heard of "Sunshine" brand, if that is what it is. A wide tie, even for the Bold Look period.

10. thunderw21

thunderw21 I'll Lock Up

[​IMG]

11. ^^Beautiful, and it's a Towncraft!

12. Annixter

Annixter Practically Family

Here's a question for you Widebrim, QB, or anyone else: Do you recommend Fit to be Tied? Looks good for a coffee table, and I can get a new copy for $10. If not, is there a better book?

13. Quigley Brown

Quigley Brown Call Me a Cab

It's required that you have that book! Should there be a better one it would have to be created by us and I've always day-dreamed about a Fedora Lounge-edition... :D

14. fedoralover

fedoralover Call Me a Cab

My kinda tie. Love those handpainted ones. I just got this one.

[​IMG]

fedoralover

15. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

I think Fedora Loungers have enough information, variety, and sheer number of vintage ties to create the definitive 20th. century guide to men's ties. I imagine something on the scope of Esquire's Encyclopedia.

16. Well there are 502 pages here of notes. :p

17. The Bronco Buster. Nice tie. Signet also had one in their Duel in the Sun theme ties.

18. Required reading indeed! (And don't forget about "The Ties That Blind.") We talked about two years ago of putting together our own book, and I really think that we should tinker more with the idea. It should offer more than those already on the market, though, such as short histories of whatever manufacturers that we can gather, especially the big players. In addition, and in my opinion, it should be limited to about 1945-65, particularly '45-'52. Handpainted ties, novelty ties, designer ties, and other sundry diversions/genres should be prominently featured. Any other ideas? Also, didn't Feraud start a thread listing necktie books that are available?

Man, a flaming ameoba! Love it! Any labels? (My persistent question on this thread.)

19. fedoralover

fedoralover Call Me a Cab

(Man, a flaming ameoba! Love it! Any labels? (My persistent question on this thread.)

No labels on this one, other than that it's in like new condition.

fedoralover

20. I have that one myself and it's pretty enjoyable. It is the most detailed one for history and manufacturers but there are some splended pictures and sinpets of info the will tease your imagination about bold look ties. An inexpensive copy is worth having.