Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Next day - next batch...
(Sorry for the wrinkles)

First of all something really crazy:
wool mix (I think) in grey with print in red - Ice hockey player - no tags
38410814fv.jpg

38410815pj.jpg
You've caught some trophies, Matt. All of them. I especially like the grey and yellow wool ones. That's such a classic vintage color pairing. This one with the hockey players is a real treat. Don't know if you could tell, but I really go for the kinda oddball ones.

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
Thank you, Dale! Yeah, this really is a fabulous set of classic ties:
Something for every occasion/suit.
I noticed that you (and some others here) like the slightly "quirky" ones;
Those used to be my favourites too, but now I prefer the more conservative ones.
But I'm glad to see that hockey tie is just the thing for you to enjoy, isn't it?

Have you ever seen anything like it?
I've probably seen ties with sports motifs here before,
but I can't really remember and I've never had one in my hands.
Maybe now is the time for everyone to show off their quirky sports ties!?

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Pandemic has me not wearing ties. I have some ties I was planning on wearing and have aquired a few since. Here are a few that I was putting away yesterday:

i-rt8RQn7-M.jpg

i-Nq5Mpqz-M.jpg

i-s8qSBG7-M.jpg

Interesting note: The tie in the first pic I picked up as I thought having a banjo or guitar player would be a cool tie to play out at occasional gigs (I play 1900-1940 acoustic fingerstyle blues and jazz). Unfortunately when the tie arrived it had a banjo fellow in black face. Oh, man it can not be worn in public! Or perhaps, I would not wear it in public. IMO it shows disrespect.

Eric -

Last edited:
Pandemic has me not wearing ties. I have some ties I was planning on wearing and have aquired a few since. Here are a few that I was putting away yesterday:

i-rt8RQn7-M.jpg

i-Nq5Mpqz-M.jpg

i-s8qSBG7-M.jpg

Interesting note: The tie in the first pic I picked up as I thought having a banjo or guitar player would be a cool tie to play out at occasional gigs (I play 1900-1940 acoustic fingerstyle blues and jazz). Unfortunately when the tie arrived it had a banjo fellow in black face. Oh, man it can not be worn in public! Or perhaps, I would not wear it in public. IMO it shows disrespect.

Eric -

Great additions Eric! Could you explain away that the banjo player is wearing a COVID mask? I suppose not...

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Great additions Eric! Could you explain away that the banjo player is wearing a COVID mask? I suppose not...

Bob that is GREAT! I can indeed consider wearing the tie with a COVID mask.

Seriously, I like the tie and it is in immaculate condition but I will have to find it a good home because I will not be able to wear it. The folks who come to listen to my buddy and I play I am confident might find it distasteful.

i-rt8RQn7-M.jpg

i-Nq5Mpqz-M.jpg

i-s8qSBG7-M.jpg

Eric -
Some fine acquisitions, Eric. I support your decision not to wear the banjo picking minstrel tie, especially considering that is what appears to be a cotton plant in the foreground and maybe even a scene of folks picking cotton above his head. It's is an artifact from another era when political correctness was not even a far fetched thought and stereotyped caricatures were still considered quaint or amusing. That said, it is an interesting piece of history. Thanks for sharing it.

I would also thank you in advance if you could share a close up of what appears to be a stand of spruce or firs reflected in a mountain lake. I'd like very much to have a better look at it.

Thank you, Dale! Yeah, this really is a fabulous set of classic ties:
Something for every occasion/suit.
I noticed that you (and some others here) like the slightly "quirky" ones;
Those used to be my favourites too, but now I prefer the more conservative ones.
But I'm glad to see that hockey tie is just the thing for you to enjoy, isn't it?

Have you ever seen anything like it?
I've probably seen ties with sports motifs here before,
but I can't really remember and I've never had one in my hands.
Maybe now is the time for everyone to show off their quirky sports ties!?

Been working some long days this past week and only now had some good daylight to get some photos. Here's what I've got in the way of quirky sports ties...
20200502_140612.jpg

20200502_140705.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Some fine acquisitions, Eric. I support your decision not to wear the banjo picking minstrel tie, especially considering that is what appears to be a cotton plant in the foreground and maybe even a scene of folks picking cotton above his head. It's is an artifact from another era when political correctness was not even a far fetched thought and stereotyped caricatures were still considered quaint or amusing. That said, it is an interesting piece of history. Thanks for sharing it.

I would also thank you in advance if you could share a close up of what appears to be a stand of spruce or firs reflected in a mountain lake. I'd like very much to have a better look at it.

Dale here is a better shot of the tie with the mountain scene on it. I picked it up for this feature. I do really enjoy the outdoor themed ties. I took the pic with some ties that I finished steaming and lightly pressing this morning. I had not included these in the previous shot.

i-RdfG2KF-M.jpg

As to sport ties I have a couple skiing that I have already shared this past winter. I do not have other sport featured ties. Hmmm....that will have to be a consideration for future ties.

I am looking forward to making opportunities to wear the above ties. Be safe, be strong and see you (in a tie) on the street soon, Eric -

Thank you for sharing that, Eric. That's a beauty. Somewhere in my collection I have a mountain forest scene in similar colors, but it doesn't have a lake. Yours is a real gem.

I'm also a big fan of the ones with the cascading leaf patterns. You have some very fine examples there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch