Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Trousers!

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i noticed that Mr.Okiska takes his side-adjuster round to the front of the trouser. that's unnecessary to my eye. i prefer to see them sink into the side seam as in flat-top's 30s pair.
also, while i'm savaging his great work, the waistband fastens too far over to the right, encroaching on the watch-pocket flap. again, unnecessary.

hidekiokisaka.jpg

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
It's impossible to own too many white shirts!!
I could drink to that.

On those Okisaka pants- I wonder how those pants got creases in the thighs if it's being worn by a mannequin?? Could there be a conspiracy?????

ray

P.S. Does it seem like I've had one too many?

shindeco

A-List Customer
Ray

Do you mean to say that you don't let your meannequins sit down to rest? What a slave driver!:p

(You don't sound one over the eight but given the time in Taiwan right now I'm wondering what you're doing up!)

Murray

Wild Root

Gone Home
Say, this is a good thread thus far. I'll post some photos of my pants soon.

=WR=

PS. Pants are a part of a suit but, not a suit. New home of this thread will be in General Attire.;)

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes, he has had some bad PC problems that should be fixed soon. I haven't seen or heard from Dan since we finished up with the movie we worked on earlier this month. I wonder how the ol' boy is doing.

=WR=

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
watch pocket flaps etc...

these are english suit trousers of the mid 30s and early 40s respectively...

watchpockets1.jpg

these two are from 1955. notice how virtually nothing has changed. the fabric isn't as heavy, but they have WIDER legs than the 40s pair above.

watchpockets2.jpg

these next two are european, possibly german. notice the watch pocket has a squarer shape. and those brace extenders....i have no idea what function they serve. anyone seen those on american trousers ?

braceextenders.jpg

and finally, some late 20s/early 30s pinstripe ivory with side adjusters...

30swhite.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Good show!

Man, some fine pants there my friend! Must say I am impressed!

The last pair has got my interest! I always love a good pair of ivory pinstripes! So classy and comfortable I'm sure!

The brace extenders I've seen only on European pants, I'm not sure what the story is about them but, I guess that they helped relieve some tension on the braces or added some extra length if... oh who am I fool'n, I don't know.:p I just know they look kind of cool! And also that the German's were nuts about small pointless details in construction of their clothes and other design in the 30's to the 50's.

=WR=

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
thanks Wildroot,

i've wracked my brain too long already trying to work out what those extenders might be for. i think you're right and they're a pointless bit of short-lived fun.

but there must be a reason !!

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
The brace extenders I've seen only on European pants, I'm not sure what the story is about them but, I guess that they helped relieve some tension on the braces or added some extra length if... oh who am I fool'n, I don't know.:p I just know they look kind of cool! And also that the German's were nuts about small pointless details in construction of their clothes and other design in the 30's to the 50's.

=WR=

German WW2 military trousers also have those extenders for some reason. One possible reason is the length of the suspenders. German military suspenders of the period are so short that you cannot use them on trousers if they don't have the extenders.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Thought I would revive this thread. I don't have a digital camera, so these are some grainy scans. My vintage trousers are all pretty run of the mill, and I only have a handful that are somewhat noteworthy.

These are green tweed with forward facing pleats and dropped loops. It's from single breasted 3-piece.
381186-R1-012-4A.jpg

Navy blue pinstripe with hollywood waist and inward facing pleats. These have a 40's cut, but are dated 1960! Light brown tweed trousers with hollywood waist. I tried to show the texture, but the pic is too grainy.
381186-R1-014-5A.jpg
381186-R1-016-6A.jpg
381186-R1-018-7A.jpg

. . .and finally my jitterbug trousers, high-waist with high water length and wide bottoms. '30s maybe???
381186-R1-002-00A.jpg
381186-R1-006-1A.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21