Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Trousers!

bluewascal

New in Town
Come on people there is a thread on suits, tuxedos even ladies suits.

Now a challenge come on show us your Trousers! Lets see, high waisted, dropped belt loops, hollywood waist, oxford bags, button fly,flat fronts, pleated, inverse pleats, knickers, drapey gab numbers with the side/back fastners peices of art. Lets get some nice detailed photos of the waist and the details you wanna show off. Come on I dare you!

cheers.
J-

I guess we're trouser pic'd out through the "Suits and Suit Pants" thread ...

Here's a couple of pics i've posted before ...

probably 20s (British) bags ...................................... and the trousers to a suit i own

MustardSide.jpg
HWood6.jpg

bk

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ok.......

I can show you a few!
1930's cream wool, side buckles, button fly:
IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

1950's PINK Hollywood waist pants! I got these deadstock!!
IMG_1005.jpg

more to come.........

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
WARNING PICTURE HEAVY

BK, I can't help thinking that those british bags make your shoes look like platforms. I think it's because I can't see where the heel ends.

Anyway here are a few pics I've posted in other threads:

Modern Hong Kong Bespoke Pants- inverse pleats, side adjusters
DSC00906.jpg

Modern Shang Hai Tang Linen Pants
DSC00695.jpg

Vintage Post-WWII USAAF Pants (A little scratchy)
DSC00507.jpg

Vintage 1930-1940s (I found a 1944 Minted Mercury Dime in it, so it was made in that era...)
DSC00537.jpg

Sorry for all the pictures.

Ray

flat-top

Here's a pair of 1940's dropped loop pants. Also deadstock. These have the lowest belt loops I've ever seen on original pants. I put a belt on them in the second pic to show how severe the waist is. I love these!
IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

Now here's a pair of 1950's "Rock and Roll" pants by Campus. Japanese dealers would give me $800 for these...IF I were willing to sell them!

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

flat-top

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the side adjuster (aka a "self-belt") if you wear a belt? It just seems superfluous to me.
I personally just don't like it because it bunches up all the material on the waistband, which is thicker.
DSC00917.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Ghos7a55assin said:
Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the side adjuster (aka a "self-belt") if you wear a belt?

in a way..yes.
your trousers shouldn't be so loose that you need to use the adjuster anyway. they just look good. and add a bit of detail to your rear.

flat-top

Ghos7a55assin said:
Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the side adjuster (aka a "self-belt") if you wear a belt?
Hmm......maybe. But there are both side buckles and belt loops on these particular pants. I view the buckles as cosmetic and not to be relied upon to actually hold my pants up!

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Well, I usually use braces with those pants, so I'm not relying on them either.
I guess the side adjuster also helps if you've eaten a little too much and need to let out a few centimeters in your pants.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

bluewascal said:
wow 49 views and not even a hello.
nevermind.
take care anyway,
j-

Give it a little more time, and your thread explodes with posts. Just because there were 49 views in 12 hours, doesn't mean there were 49 people with trousers to show off, so don't get discouraged.

Welcome to the Lounge, by the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot