Show us your vehicles

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by Tin Pan Sally, Mar 22, 2006.

What general era was your vehichle made:

1. 30s or earlier

38 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. 40s

25 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. 50s

39 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. 60s

50 vote(s)
    21.0%
  5. 70s-90s

62 vote(s)
    26.1%
  6. New with classic features

47 vote(s)
    19.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. hbogie

hbogie New in Town

Love the color on this

2. Nice work so far on the 55. I have one as well. Mine is green and white.

3. hbogie

hbogie New in Town

4. 1940sFreddie

1940sFreddie Familiar Face

[​IMG]
    This my 1942 dodge wc51 weapons carrier (Right) and my friends 1944 wc52 weapons carrier (left) out side the local pub on a Sunday afternoon drive.

5. Farley

Farley New in Town

Figure this is the best place for these pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one on the left is a 1946 Farmall H. The one on the right is a 1949 Farmall C.

These will be working on my farm next year, and hopefully I will get some pictures of them earning their keep.

6. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

Nice Farmalls! I want to buy a farm, just so I can get into vintage tractors. My brother-in-law has a John Deere Model A. (I prefer a Farmall or a Ford, myself!)

7. You can always get a Farmall pedal tractor. :p

8. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

I'll stick to garden tractors for now. I have a couple Simplicities.

9. You can get one for Ruger. :p

10. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

That I may do. Both his uncles are car guys, as is his dad. He's gonna be a car guy. Hopefully, he takes after his Uncle Tom and likes Caddies. His papa is a Chevy pickup kinda guy. He did have a late 70's Deville, though.

11. Make it high class--Brougham. :p
    Which reminds me, a friend of mine bummed a ride off me when I as driving the Brougham. He commented on how it just floated along. Yes, it is a luxury car---that is how it is supposed to ride---BMW drivers. :rolleyes: Used to driving an expensive truck. :p

12. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

Among the many things I look for in a car, it's gotta be a boat, and a boat should float.

13. You should see the screed I just nailed off on the Cadillac Forum. I am sure European cars and going to smart for a week. :p

14. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

Speaking of Cadillacs, a fella was supposed to bring over an '87 Fleetwood Brougham for me to test drive today, but never showed. Hope it was just the weather. He has a '72 Sedan DeVille he wants to sell me, too, and a '67 Sedan DeVille he said 'not yet' about lol

15. I got my 86 for under a grand so deal him down. :p No rust either and most everything worked. :p
    I'll take the 67---no rust though. :p
    The 70s Cadillacs? Not so much.....

16. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

I plan on offering 500 for the Fleetwood, has a couple rust spots, not through, though.

The '67 had no rust to speak of.

17. I would have to see the $500 rust bucket. :p Out here a car with that much rust is a rust bucket because they don’t get much worse. :p I bet it is in the usual places around the hippie top too. :doh:

I would give him $500 for the 67. :p

18. Atticus Finch

Atticus Finch Call Me a Cab

This is the only vintage "vehicle" that I own. It’s a 1978 Boston Whaler that my girlfriend and I restored a couple of summers ago. Everything on the hull is original except the forward hatch cover and the wheel. Somebody replaced the original teak hatch cover with one made from starboard and I replaced the wheel with a stainless one. Oh, and I removed and stored the bow rails because I use the boat for backwater fly fishing.

BTW...the motor is a mid 'eighties 48 hp. Johnson. I didn't put it there, it came with the boat. Needless to say, one has to be very gentle with this little boat’s throttle.

[​IMG]

AF

19. Is this the one that was in the driveway and ready to be used for flood conditions last year? :p

20. Atticus Finch

Atticus Finch Call Me a Cab

No...that was my Sea Pro. One cannot have too many boats.

AF