Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
They're not the pillowtop seats. It looked oddball to me, too.

The guy who has it is in his 60's or better, I'd guess, and his mother bought it new in '86 and parked her '72 Sedan DeVille.

How can it have the d'Elegance without that package? Someone has been making a car from parts. lol lol

My headliner wasn’t sagging too much but I did the whole thing just to get ahead of it. When that adhesive starts to go, it goes fast. Tightwads not doing it right! :doh: Stupid GM designers!

This one has cloth seats. I like that better. My Fleetwood has leather and I just don't like leather seats. Too hot in the summer, and too cold in the winter. The cloth just adds to the "sofa on wheels" effect that I enjoy so much out of an automobile.

I wish it was a d'Elegance with the cloth pillowtop seats. The button-tufting is just icing on the cake. The more Victorian-Parlor like a car's interior is, the better lol

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have the regular Fleetwood leather seats in mine too. :p

She should have driven both. I would have. :p

This one has cloth seats. I like that better. My Fleetwood has leather and I just don't like leather seats. Too hot in the summer, and too cold in the winter. The cloth just adds to the "sofa on wheels" effect that I enjoy so much out of an automobile.

I wish it was a d'Elegance with the cloth pillowtop seats. The button-tufting is just icing on the cake. The more Victorian-Parlor like a car's interior is, the better lol
[/QUOTE]

I want mine to be the leather men’s club seats not the girly sofa seats. I can see that was a chick car now. :p
Then again it was also about $4000 cheaper. The regular Fleetwood leather seats cost that but the d’Elegance package added another grand to even that. :p She was a tightwad. :p

Any gal I go with is always spoiled rotten lol That's what I save all that money for.

You mean the kind you have stuffed in that TALL mattress. I am surprised some woman hasn't rolled you for it yet. :p

You've obviously never had to ride on cowhide when it's -30 outside. No give whatsoever. May as well be riding on a buckboard.

I want mine to be the leather men’s club seats not the girly sofa seats. I can see that was a chick car now. :p
Then again it was also about $4000 cheaper. The regular Fleetwood leather seats cost that but the d’Elegance package added another grand to even that. :p She was a tightwad. :p
[/QUOTE]

Any gal I go with is always spoiled rotten lol That's what I save all that money for.

You've obviously never had to ride on cowhide when it's -30 outside. No give whatsoever. May as well be riding on a buckboard.

That figures. You really have to hide that stick coming out of you or women will think you are sucker. :p

I ain't never gonna ride in a car in -30 weather---much les live in that inhospitable to human habitation tundra. lol lol lol

I was born and raised here, have no choice.

And I am a sucker for a pretty gal, what guy isn't?

That figures. You really have to hide that stick coming out of you or women will think you are sucker. :p

I ain't never gonna ride in a car in -30 weather---much les live in that inhospitable to human habitation tundra. lol lol lol

tuppence

Practically Family
1471763_1389821214597344_1599520696_n.jpg
This is my '56 Morris Minor, currently undergoing renovations by my partner. Hope fully will be on the road some time this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana