Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
There was a spot by the rear driver's door handle, and above the rear driver's wheel.

The '67 had no rust, a little brown spot by the rear-window, but not really rust.

It also had no vinyl top.

I would have to see the $500 rust bucket. :p Out here a car with that much rust is a rust bucket because they don’t get much worse. :p I bet it is in the usual places around the hippie top too. :doh:

I would give him $500 for the 67. :p

Well, maybe you can buy it from me, if I get him to cough it up lol

I plan on having the rust fixed and the car repainted, then up for sale it goes (if I buy it)

The interior was mint, minus a sagging headliner (typical 80's GM)

No vinyl top and no rust?! No we are talking.

That 87 with rust in those areas tells me there is plenty more rust that you can't see. :doh:

Well, maybe you can buy it from me, if I get him to cough it up lol

I plan on having the rust fixed and the car repainted, then up for sale it goes (if I buy it)

The interior was mint, minus a sagging headliner (typical 80's GM)

Sure. $500. :p

Yes, 80s GM AND Ford headliners suck. I fixed mine---with about 100 decorative thumb tacks. :p It doesn't' sag at all now. :p

If I thought I could get that '67 for 500 bucks, I'd keep it for myself!

I'm trying to figure out what to do about that headliner, if I buy the car. I never did fix the one in my '79 Electra lol

Yes, 80s GM AND Ford headliners suck. I fixed mine---with about 100 decorative thumb tacks. :p It doesn't' sag at all now. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oh sure, like you need more cars. :p

Well, unless you want to remove the front windshield to install another one, tacks in diamond pattern work great. :p
I was about to ask if you had made a decorative pattern with them.
Guess you answered my question.
BTW 90's GM had an issue with headliners falling too.
I'm seeing a pattern, and it's not diamond shaped either. :D

I was about to ask if you had made a decorative pattern with them.
Guess you answered my question.
BTW 90's GM had an issue with headliners falling too.
I'm seeing a pattern, and it's not diamond shaped either. :D

Well, you want it to kind of look like the deElegance package on the ceiling:
00k0k_3v5XJhFyJA_600x450.jpg

Match the pillow tuft seats. :p

fgradowski

One of the Regulars

I have a '94 Dodge Shadow. I just ripped the headliner down when it started to fall. Haha. But now I have scratched my knuckles on it several times when reaching up. :(
If I had it my way, I'd be the owner of a '67 Austin Healey sprite car in black, a '65 Mustang in red with white interior, and a '69 Mach I Mustang in a mustard color with black racing stripes and louvers on the windows. Yeah...I grew up at car shows. :love:

I have a '94 Dodge Shadow. I just ripped the headliner down when it started to fall. Haha. But now I have scratched my knuckles on it several times when reaching up. :(
If I had it my way, I'd be the owner of a '67 Austin Healey sprite car in black, a '65 Mustang in red with white interior, and a '69 Mach I Mustang in a mustard color with black racing stripes and louvers on the windows. Yeah...I grew up at car shows. :love:

Gee, the closest thing I have to those is a 73 Mach 1 in white with black racing stripes. :p
I tore down the headliner in my 82 Ford Granada too. Bad idea. I like the pillow tuft headliner I did with the tacks better. :p No sagging and some chrome bling. :p

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Before I got divorced, I had a '73 Mach 1, too. It was that metallic pukish green with the black side stripes, but no spoilers or hood scoops. I think they look goofy. The car handled like a drunk wildebeast.

fgradowski

One of the Regulars
Gee, the closest thing I have to those is a 73 Mach 1 in white with black racing stripes. :p
I tore down the headliner in my 82 Ford Granada too. Bad idea. I like the pillow tuft headliner I did with the tacks better. :p No sagging and some chrome bling. :p

Went to LOTS of car shows as a kid. It exposed me to classic cars early on. I think it made me want to have all sorts of cars. I'm still young and poor. One day I will have the money to buy at least one of those cars and fix it up! My dad and I will sit at home and watch the car auctions on Velocity together. So maybe I inherited the love from him. Then again, the car we took to the shows is my mom's car.

Before I got divorced, I had a '73 Mach 1, too. It was that metallic pukish green with the black side stripes, but no spoilers or hood scoops. I think they look goofy. The car handled like a drunk wildebeast.

In green most things look goofy. I have the spoiler and NASA Hood. Mine handles fine with the 351C in it.

There is a picture in this thread somewhere.

I'm gonna go that route, worst case scenario. It's a regular Brougham, but does have button tufted seats.

How can it have the d'Elegance without that package? Someone has been making a car from parts. lol lol

My headliner wasn’t sagging too much but I did the whole thing just to get ahead of it. When that adhesive starts to go, it goes fast. Tightwads not doing it right! :doh: Stupid GM designers!

Went to LOTS of car shows as a kid. It exposed me to classic cars early on. I think it made me want to have all sorts of cars. I'm still young and poor. One day I will have the money to buy at least one of those cars and fix it up! My dad and I will sit at home and watch the car auctions on Velocity together. So maybe I inherited the love from him. Then again, the car we took to the shows is my mom's car.

Careful. You’ll end up like me with 8. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points