Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
Our 1956 Armstrong Siddeley with a suitable background. (Our actual house is quite a bit smaller and significantly less representative than that, so I used this rare opportunity...)
IMG_3812s.jpg

You can always ride it in the theatre! I once rode a custom 1976 Triumph Bonneville inside a mall.

That's not quite as bad as a classmate of mine riding his '62 Triumph (megaphones) through the Wesleyan World headquarters campground church service meeting (in one door in the front and out through the other in the back) in the small hometown I grew up in. People in the pews thought the world had surely just ended......
HD

That's not quite as bad as a classmate of mine riding his '62 Triumph (megaphones) through the Wesleyan World headquarters campground church service meeting (in one door in the front and out through the other in the back) in the small hometown I grew up in. People in the pews thought the world had surely just ended......
HD

Definitely going to Hell now. :p

http://youtu.be/62Qfbrc1jdo

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
That must have went over really well. :p

Actually, it went over great. It was staged, but the mall goers didn't know it! We even got a round of applause from the people waiting in line at the theatre. my only regret was, pre cell phone days, so no photos ore video.

Good photo. Nice bike, and you look like you are having fun.

If anyone has an interest in early 20th century motorcycles and ever finds themselves in central Alabama, the Barber's museum is pretty world class. Well worth a visit. No ladies quite like Lizzie around here though, unfortunately.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Mickey85

New in Town
My first car, my race car,and the one I took from a $500 piece of garbage to a 12 second drag-race Saturday night special, back to a piece of garbage, my '83 Delta 88. The list of things I've done to this poor car is too long to list here - the short list is a paint job, police-spec Impala suspension, bigger sway bars, 3.23:1 gears in a limited slip rear from a '96 Impala, and an .030 over Olds 403 out of a '77 Delta 88 wearing an Edelbrock intake, ported and polished heads, 10:1 compression pistons, and a custom ground Lunati cam, all running on the stock computer, custom mapped to deal with the cam. Chassis dyno back when I built it (when I was 16, in 2001) was 372 hp and over 480 lb-ft torque. Most of that torque was under 2800 RPM. Best car I've ever owned in my life. Bought it when I was 14, and don't plan on ever
0802100709.jpg

Next up is a 3 shot - the Olds, a '67 Chevy C10 I bought when I was 18 and subsequently sold to my dad (250 I6, 3 spd column shift), and his '83 CJ-7 that is currently in the middle of a frame-off resto. the whole bottom half is done - up next is painting the body and putting it back together
DSCN1718.jpg

The girlfriend's car - an '04 Mini Cooper S. It's currently got a cat-back exhaust system, remapped computer, and a smaller pulley on the supercharger.
IMAG0127.jpg

My last daily driver - an '04 Grand Cherokee. The motor came with warped heads - I pulled it, cleaned it up, milled the heads and gave it a port and polish. It was a bit fast...and very unreliable - I'm not a Chrysler V8 fan. Should have gone with the 4.0L
536408_727669482572_21102753_35106146_739494678_n.jpg

408018_706035053142_491191263_n.jpg

Swapped that out for the opposite of fast - an '11 Subaru Outback 2.5i. Cold turtles outrun it, but I'm a fan - best car I've owned.
IMAG0135-2.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The Subaru turbo is fast, but the non-turbo is a tad slow.
I love Subaru, and sadly I had to sell the one I owned a few years ago (a Baja) in order to get something bigger.
That would be a Saturn that looks like the one in the last pic you showed.
Not quite as surefooted on the snow and ice. :eusa_doh:

BTW I love the Olds. We had 4 in the family, same body style, with the crappy 150hp v-8.
Yours does sound quite fast!

Mickey85

New in Town
The Subaru turbo is fast, but the non-turbo is a tad slow.
I love Subaru, and sadly I had to sell the one I owned a few years ago (a Baja) in order to get something bigger.
That would be a Saturn that looks like the one in the last pic you showed.
Not quite as surefooted on the snow and ice. :eusa_doh:

BTW I love the Olds. We had 4 in the family, same body style, with the crappy 150hp v-8.
Yours does sound quite fast!

The Saturn up in the driveway (good eye!) was originally my girlfriend's - she sold it to my sister when she bought the Mini. Reliable and simple as a stone, but not my cup 'o tea.

The Olds originally had the 307, which is the motor I started messing with - the intake and hogged out heads and exhaust manifolds came from that, and all of the other mods (4 core radiator, Buick GN trans with a manual valvebody, etc) all came to fruition with that motor. I still have the short block shrink wrapped in the shop. Considering putting it back in - the 403 nabs me about 20 mpg highway (believe it or not - it's probably the quadrajet carb), but the 307 would get 25 calculated MPG. Boggles the mind how that happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24