Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
Here in NM, after cars get beyond a certain number of years, they no longer require emissions inspections. I am one year away. And thanks for the compliments everyone!

I don't wish to sell, but I keep 3 of my cars at my parents' house, and they hate this car. I'm also looking into buying a pickup, and that would require me to sell this, and my 63 Impala. Would probably end up selling my Crown Victoria as well, and sink that money into restoration on my Station Wagon.

Talbot said:
If you don't need the money, and you have the room, you will regret selling it.

Ask me how I know....

T

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
Miss Sis said:
My 'new' 1936 Austin Seven Opal. It's a two seater open top model in original colouring of blue body with black wings. Original number plate.
Driving it here at a Battle of Britain Veteran's Parade in Bromley.

A surprise present from my lovely BenStephens.:D
simone.jpg

Better view of the colours.
Etsy006.jpg

Great little car, Miss Sis! I really love the Seven, but it is simply too slow for today's road traffic (at least over here)...

benstephens

Practically Family
Sapphire,

That is indeed very true. Here it is the same as well. It really is a back road car, just for a bit of fun.

When I first drove it, I stopped to see if the carpet was stopping it going any faster, but I no, 45mph really is about its top speed!

Anyhow, I am in the process of selling my Riley possibly. I fancy a change, I was looking at this

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C173669?pt=pf

I am just short by 275,000 pounds!!!

Lovely car though!

Kindest

Ben

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Sapphire said:
Great little car, Miss Sis! I really love the Seven, but it is simply too slow for today's road traffic (at least over here)...

Well, I have an answer for that: a matched pair. The stocker, and a resto-rod sister hiding a Rover V8 and disc brakes.

Safety harness and radial tires on the 7/V8 might be a good idea too. :D

-Dave

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
Sapphire said:
I recall hearing someone say when asked about their slow car "if you are important, people will wait".

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Love that Canned Ham

BoPeep said:
Here are two photos of our projects . . . the 1950 Chevy is my husband's, bought back in college and on the road from March 31st (his birthday) through the first snow. We've put thousands of miles on this thing. Currently runs on a small block 350 but has gone through several engine swaps: drove with the original six for the first summer and more recently a twin-turboed V8. The Chevy is pulling our 1968 Scotty Sportsman camper. I refurbished the interior in '50s retro print cushions and curtains.

1968ScottySportsman.jpg

Finally, our summer project on the docket is this '30 A. We've a rebuilt Flathead (taken out of a '50 Ford shoebox that we recently sold) ready to go. Although we need to do everything on the A from the wood frame on up. But with suicide doors, it is our "family" car and should get finished before the family goes away to college! lol

1930modelA.jpg
Great Cars Bopeep
We have a 51 chevy fastback that my husband is working on hooking up an engine in.
For a family car we have a 59 Brookwood wagon and I also hope to have it hauling our 69 silverstreak trailor. I will try to post picts but I have been having issues with this lately.

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Clang Clang Clang went the trolley

Hi-de-ho, all. I'm new to The Fedora Lounge scene, and apparently streetcars/trams are new to the vehicles thread! So here's one.

This car belongs to the Rockhill Trolley Museum of Orbisonia, Pennsylvania. I don't own her, but I baby this steel sweetheart, and operate her whenever I get the chance. The car is a 1924 Brill curveside city car, built for York Railways Company (as in York, PA). I'm pretty sure she's the only Brill curveside car in existence (there were only 5, due to a Cincinnati Car Co. lawsuit,) and this trolley is certainly the only operable York Railways car anywhere. And you can ride her, too, any weekend from June to October, and for the holidays.

IMG_5684.JPG

Leaving the carbarn.

IMG_5723_Steven.JPG

Me and my favorite trolley.

IMG_6357.JPG

On the move! Destination: West Market Street. (Photo by RTM's current president)

IMG_6366.JPG

Waiting for passengers during the very fun Pumpkin Patch Trolley weekend. (Photo by RTM's current president)

You folks have some beautiful automobiles displayed here, and it's wonderful that some of them are in daily use. I hope you enjoy the trolleys too, and I can share more of Rockhill's collection if you'd like.

Last edited:

Tailor Tom

One of the Regulars
I need to applaud everyone on their wonderful autos. Such great cars and better memories. Makes me think of some of my favorite cars over time.
Learning to drive in a 1966 Chevelle SS 396 ( Dad ordered it Aug. '65 and started building the garage for it the very same day, always garage kept). Cruising around in a mid-60's Buick Electra 225. Taking the neighbor's '66 Cadillac Fleetwood to High school prom. A '67 Dodge van with 318 and 3 on the tree...a great vehicle to haul all my school chums. A proper British racing green '75 MGB convert, that caught fire while I was in the grocery store (came out as the fire dept was putting it out). And a personal favorite, 1981 Lancia Beta coupe that I toured the US for years and enjoyed over 100k miles.

Great times, great cars, really great memories
My current car is a quite modern 2005 Buick LeSabre, fully loaded with every option.
Now if some extra money ( and garage space ) become available, I will go looking for a classic ride.

martinsantos

Practically Family
Very nice the streetcar and the work or restoration! It must be funny to drive such an engine like this.

PS: Welcome to the Lounge!

Hi-de-ho, all. I'm new to The Fedora Lounge scene, and apparently streetcars/trams are new to the vehicles thread! So here's one.

This car belongs to the Rockhill Trolley Museum of Orbisonia, Pennsylvania. I don't own her, but I baby this steel sweetheart, and operate her whenever I get the chance. The car is a 1924 Brill curveside city car, built for York Railways Company (as in York, PA). I'm pretty sure she's the only Brill curveside car in existence (there were only 5, due to a Cincinnati Car Co. lawsuit,) and this trolley is certainly the only operable York Railways car anywhere. And you can ride her, too, any weekend from June to October, and for the holidays.

IMG_6357.JPG

On the move! Destination: West Market Street. (Photo by RTM's current president)

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
Not sure how I missed this thread, great cars throughout! Here's mine, a 1950 Plymouth Special Deluxe. I've had her for three years now and have loved every mile. Even when she's left me on the side of the road I've got the hood up and a smile on my face. Last year she was in for a tranny swap to ease the strain of the highway and this year she's in for an engine swap as the poor old straight six needs a rest.
dscf2321v.jpg

img1631g.jpg

dscf2329z.jpg

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
That's a beautiful car, Bourne ID! The classic Penna plates are a sweet touch. :-D

And martinsantos: Thanks for the welcome! It's relatively easy to operate a trolley once you get the feel for it. They're just all different, and can be really fun. Funny that you're from Brazil; the trolley I learned on is a 1912 Rio De Janiero open car, number 1875.

martinsantos

Practically Family
I'm happy that the old trolley frm Rio is in good hands! Rio (and São Paulo) sometimes looks like wanting to destroy everything that was really good and sentimental.

Did the trolley came with the internal advertisement? One of the most famous (and popular) poets at 10s made his living writing this advertisements... usually very fine pieces.

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Rio De Janiero Open Trolleys in Pennsylvania

I'm happy that the old trolley from Rio is in good hands! Rio (and São Paulo) sometimes looks like wanting to destroy everything that was really good and sentimental.

Did the trolley came with the internal advertisement? One of the most famous (and popular) poets at 10s made his living writing this advertisements... usually very fine pieces.

A pair of Rio open trolleys are enjoying a second life in Pennsylvania. A dozen trolleys were shipped to the US around 1966 (on a coffee bean ship,) and several rail museums split the "order." Car 1875, pictured here, came to Rockhill Furnace, PA, and has been restored and running since the late '60s.

IMG_0391.JPG

1875 is painted reminiscent of Lancaster, PA's Conestoga Traction Company.

IMG_0390.JPG

The car interior, of beautiful Brazilian wood. And Martinsantos, we didn't get any car advertisements with the trolley (as far as I know.) The ones you see there are reproductions of American "car cards."

DSC_0194.JPG

1875 is our museum workhorse, and we even run it in the winter for brave passengers! I'm the conductor at left. Photo by my modern-day Philly trolley operator friend.

I you'd like to see the whole Rio-to-Rockhill story of 1875, "like" the Rockhill Trolley Museum on Facebook and check out this link!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1282594988#!/album.php?aid=185089&id=158620121643

A second Rio open car is going back to work, also! Pennsylvania Trolley Museum, located south of Pittsburgh, has restored car 1758, featuring its original open dash (front end). There are also some great photos of the trolleys under construction and in some "previous lives" between coming to the USA and finding its current home at PTM.
http://www.pa-trolley.org/Roster/1758.htm

I'll try not to flood the thread with plugs for the trolley museum, but if anyone has more questions about the trolleys, perhaps we should start a dedicated tram/streetcar/trolley thread. I'd be happy to share more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24