Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage half-belts

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
1930s horsehide two-tone halfbelt, cotton check liner. Provenance unknown. My guess is American.

Xj8ZPg9.jpg

GMEGaej.jpg

ST0mIvD.jpg

emW2syj.jpg

noIC5wG.jpg

Stunning! Absolutely cool! I blew a deal on a two tone Goatskin jacket. It was cool, but this is cold fine. Leather jackets of this Era have a flair. What size is it?

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Stunning! Absolutely cool! I blew a deal on a two tone Goatskin jacket. It was cool, but this is cold fine. Leather jackets of this Era have a flair. What size is it?

Yeah, it's a stunner. The size is in the 36-38 range with a relatively narrow waist, fits my 37"/30" frame perfectly. The back length excl. collar is 22.5", which explains the position of the halfbelt (in case Peter Bowden was wondering).

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Very sharp Rabbit!! Its not so easy to get leather to mix with dress clothes, but you made it work well.

John_Z

Familiar Face
Cheers fellas. Here's a label pic. My first Canadian HH

IMG_0777_zpsnorjbqa1.jpg

Excuse the non-representative colouring in these pics taken with a phone in poor electric light. I've reshaped the collar to my liking & added HH leather pulls to the main & chest pocket zips

IMG_0778_zpsbt0tzgnk.jpg

A better proportionally accurate view of the back

IMG_0781_zpsfh79g1ck.jpg

Last edited:

John_Z

Familiar Face
Cheers Breton. Being Canadian it's fitted with Canadian made Lightening zips. No deco detailing although there is on the side clinch buckles.

willyto

One Too Many
I was watching that one on Ebay but had to pass on it because of the budget spent on a trip to London. The seller sold it but then it got relisted, it was quite weird. Maybe the first buyer didn't pay for it.

Congratulations! I'm quite jelaous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana