Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage half-belts

Here's one I recently picked up on eBay...
40's Goatskin:
_MG_1205opt.jpg
_MG_1207opt.jpg
_MG_1208opt.jpg
I'm wearing it a lot this season!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
That is a sweet goatskin, looks like that Foster of mine on the previous page. Nice you can wear it. I just got delivery of a new/old jacket today, but not a half belt.

Cooperson

One Too Many
Beautiful old horsehide halfbelt with amazing grain. Sadly, had to let it go due to the sleeves being just too short for comfort.

image.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Remember that people here generally wear their sleeves in the modern fashion, several inches longer than they would have typically in the era these jackets were made.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Here's one I recently picked up on eBay...
40's Goatskin:
View attachment 8522
View attachment 8523
View attachment 8524
I'm wearing it a lot this season!

That's a fantastic HB. Good score!

Beautiful old horsehide halfbelt with amazing grain. Sadly, had to let it go due to the sleeves being just too short for comfort.

View attachment 8566

Another great looking HB, shame the sleeves were too short for you as it's a lovely pattern/hide.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Cooperson, I feel your pain since I also have long arms and always flip jackets with "stork sleeve" appearance and feel. :eusa_doh:

Cooperson

One Too Many
Cooperson, I feel your pain since I also have long arms and always flip jackets with "stork sleeve" appearance and feel. :eusa_doh:

Tell me about it Fanch, sleeve length is so critical for me to feel right in a jacket - too short is just annoying as too long. Reaching the base of the thumb is perfect for me. There seem to be so many small and medium vintage leathers for sale, but they are just too trim in the chest and shoulders and short on the sleeves for me. I'm still enjoying the hunt though :)

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's mine. The leather I'd say is steerhide, 99% intact, only the surface scrape on the back as seen in pic. No label, shearling lining not real, but the rayon-satin quilt bottom lining betrays its age, so does the Talon pull. Also, minor issues with fur collar. It's too big for me, probably a size 50, but the pocket linings are BRAND NEW blue heavy cotton, so I really wonder when this one was made, PERFECT zipper.
DSC_0055_zps5cf55b08.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0050_zpsd91b859d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Only half of the detachable belt left, need to get someone to make the other half.
Also, it's not top stitch on sleeves, so this is another sign of oldness, but only an educated guess.
DSC_0054_zpsdf1e13b9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0059_zps64a192b1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_0046_zpsf32850c6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred