Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Vintage Office Supplies.

Story

I'll Lock Up
KilroyCD said:
I got this at an auction a while back. Not in the best of shape cosmetically, but that can be taken care of. Now, if I can only come up with the rest of the intercom!

Graft a baby monitor or somesuch into it? [huh]

Story

I'll Lock Up
Lucky Strike said:
I really like Dali's desk. That's improvisation:
DALI1.jpg

The wigstand ain't too shabby, either. Who was his interior decorator, the Marquise de Sade?

A.R. McVintage

PrettySquareGal said:
Great idea! I've been wanting a vintage letter opener, so if anyone has one I'd love to see that, too. I actually do not have anything vintage on my desk but am looking for inspiration. I am already inspired to find an old stapler. :)

I have several of these lying around the house...a brown, some pearlesscent shade, a white (I think) but can't find them right now, so I'm using this pic:

fulbrush.jpg

The Fuller brush man letter opener, a classic and available in just about every shade imaginable. A classic if you want a vintage letter opener.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
dakotanorth said:
When is that from?? I have one just like it (not green though).
I wanted to get it sandblasted and repainted. No clue on price though.

I wish I knew. All I know is that my brother paid five dollars for it at a swap meet. Sorry. [huh]

Lee

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I was going through a book from the early 40's today and a piece of carbon paper fell out--even carbon paper was beautifully designed back then.

carbon.jpg

I love this clock too.

DSCF0335.jpg

duggap

Banned
Several years ago, while conducting an audit, I was shown a warehouse that had the original desk of Mr. Roebuck of Sears and Roebuck fame. On it was a Remington typewriter with a serial number of three digits with a three digit phone number to call for repairs. Everything was keepsakes and not for sale or trade.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Perpetual Desk Calendar, Circa 1920

I hit a killer garage sale last summer. Almost everything I purchased was circa 1920. Thank goodness my husband wasn't home to see me unload the car. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Anyway, when I spied this wonderful little desk calendar, I knew it deserved a home on my brother's desk. It is now residing there in comfort, well-loved and well-cared for.

desk_calendar.JPG

Oh and I almost forgot. I am about to send him these too, from the same garage sale. 1935 Bookends from the Hartford Insurance Company.

hartford1.JPG

hartford2.JPG
hartford3.JPG

hartford4.JPG

hartford5.JPG

Vintage Betty

MrNewportCustom said:
I love those bookends, VB. You can send them to my good, caring home if your brother's won't take them in. ;) :rolleyes:

Lee

I'd love to, MrNewportCustom, as long as you are willing to travel to my brother in his very snowy town and explain why he should give them to you and STILL buy his sister vintage goodies! lol

Vintage Betty

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Vintage Betty said:
I'd love to, MrNewportCustom, as long as you are willing to travel to my brother in his very snowy town and explain why he should give them to you and STILL buy his sister vintage goodies! lol

Vintage Betty

Is your brother a big guy, or do you think I could take him? :eek:

:D

Lee

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
The Wolf said:
I've got to get a vintage perpetual calendar. I love those things. I might even change the date everyday.

I like mine because it forces me to know what the date is. Otherwise, I forget.

Vintage Betty

Lucky Strike, your pictures and items are GORGEOUS! How did you take such fantastic photos? Are you a professional photographer?

Vintage Betty

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Vintage Betty said:
Lucky Strike, your pictures and items are GORGEOUS! How did you take such fantastic photos? Are you a professional photographer?

Vintage Betty

Not my photos, strictly - I work for an auction house, and these are the old catalogue photos.

Pity to let them go to waste after the sale is over, I think.

Vintage Betty

Are you looking for vintage office supplies?

Are you looking for vintage office supplies?

I know that KilroyCD and at least one other person in this thread are volunteers trying to re-create vintage offices.

If you are a volunteer trying to re-create a historical office for a geographical site, please list:

If you are a volunteer.
The location you are working on restoring.
What supplies are you looking for?
If you are willing to pay for shipping for vintage office supplies to your project.

This request is only for historical sites, not for personal collectors.

Thank you for your understanding.

Vintage Betty

kowalskt63

Familiar Face
Just the start...

Just starting a "retro" office here. I'm planning on going "old school" here, but I'm not going to go crazy with it. i.e. might throw in a few modern, "vintage inspired" items as well.
desk.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ