Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Vintage Office Supplies.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
We've seen typewriters and office furniture, now it's time to show us the vintage office supplies that compliment them. These are my staplers.

A similar stapler in this thread possibly dates my first one to the thirties. Look at the design of the bases. Both are Swinglines.
dscn0412.jpg

Note the design similarities between this hand-held Swingline and the desk model above.
dscn0410.jpg

I don't know the manufacture date of this Arrow 210, but I like the color.
dscn0411.jpg

What vintage office supplies do you have on your desk? Show us your vintage staplers, staple removers, pens, pen holders, blotters, desk calendars, clocks or whatever else occupies space on your desk.

Lee

"'The work can wait,' I said, quoting our business motto." - Robert Benchley

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Great idea! I've been wanting a vintage letter opener, so if anyone has one I'd love to see that, too. I actually do not have anything vintage on my desk but am looking for inspiration. I am already inspired to find an old stapler. :)

16_sparrows

Vendor
1243912881_778fbeea0f.jpg

I just got this today for my birthday...a vintage brass desk calendar. It has switches in the back to change the day, date and month. It works beautifully and look forward to starting off my days clicking away it's switches.

Adele

One of the Regulars
I'm with imoldfashioned, I love that calendar!

I also really like that first stapler.

Sadly I don't have any vintage office supplies, but maybe one day. :)

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Do we have office supplies!

I don't have any photos of specific office supplies, but how about a couple photos of our vintage office? This is at Ft Miles in Cape Henlopen State Park in Delaware (the world's most heavily armed state park), and we're recreating the wartime Civil Defense headquarters office there. In addition to the Coastal Artillery, Ft Miles was the state HQ for Delaware's Civilian Defense in WWII. The living history group I belong to is in the midst of recreating the wartime HQ. It's a work in progress, but here are two shots from about a month ago.
FtMiles014.jpg

FtMiles004.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I have some assorted stuff (besides my old typewriter) I'll have to find a way to photograph and telegraph them to this site.
:eek:fftopic: I remember about ten or so years ago going to office supply shops asking for a typewriter eraser that is a circle of eraser with a black brush on it. Many a person looked at me odd. They used to be common.[huh]

Sincerely,
The Wolf

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
is it ok to have a variety of decades on a desk? like a 30's lamp, 20's letter opener, 30's striker lighter, 60's phone, 00's pencil sharpener, 40's fan? or should one keep to a certain time period...because i love multiple decades like most and am in the process of accumulating a variety of things...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
16_sparrows said:
1243912881_778fbeea0f.jpg

I just got this today for my birthday...a vintage brass desk calendar. It has switches in the back to change the day, date and month. It works beautifully and look forward to starting off my days clicking away it's switches.

park sherman?

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
Sam_Marlow_PI said:
is it ok to have a variety of decades on a desk? like a 30's lamp, 20's letter opener, 30's striker lighter, 60's phone, 00's pencil sharpener, 40's fan? or should one keep to a certain time period...because i love multiple decades like most and am in the process of accumulating a variety of things...

I would say it's not only okay, it's realistic.

In the 1980s before they passed away, my grandparents had on their desk office supplies from the 1920s or so. A dip pen made in the 1950s still worked, why buy a new one? Great-grandma's paper weight from the 1920s still worked, why buy a new one? The typewriter from (I think) the late 40s or early 50s was they only one they had ever, (I think.) (I still have it, treasure it, and posted a photo in a typewriter thread; q.v.)

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
yes i guess it would be...someone isn't going to buy something new if the old works just as good or probably better...i can't wait to set up my vintage office...it'll really be something...im excited...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
Ready, Set...OFFICE!

Some office supplies that I have recently acquired but have yet to set up...

Park Sherman Perpetual Calendar, can anyone help me date it?

DeskCalendar.jpg

1920's(?) Stanley Brock Limited Letter Opener

LetterOpener.jpg

1940's Stromberg Carlson Phone

Stromberg.jpg

and last but not least, 1930's Lederer Brothers Striker Lighter

StrikerLighter.jpg

once i get a new, old desk i will set it up and have pictures of the entire ensemble playing its symphony in my vintage office used for college lol

Desk Set (Pen & Base Holders)

I have a number of fountain pen desk sets, where the pen is in a base with a holder that acts as the cap. Sheaffer, several Esterbrooks and a Conklin Endura.

Levenger just came out with a couple of base holders for their True Writer pens that are swell looking desk sets. If you go to their web site search for the True Writer Pen Station.

Happy Writing!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
I have a number of fountain pen desk sets, where the pen is in a base with a holder that acts as the cap. Sheaffer, several Esterbrooks and a Conklin Endura.

Levenger just came out with a couple of base holders for their True Writer pens that are swell looking desk sets. If you go to their web site search for the True Writer Pen Station.

Happy Writing!

ive got my sights locked on a pen set as well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21