Show us your Vintage Office Supplies.

Discussion in 'The Display Case' started by MrNewportCustom, Aug 26, 2007.

1. WH1

WH1 Practically Family

2. russa11

russa11 One of the Regulars

that is quite a find. Very Nice

3. Nick D

Nick D Call Me a Cab

I have a chair much like that, except it has arms. It belonged to my grandpa's primary school teacher. When they closed the school, somehow my family ended up with the chair and the school blackboard and chalk rail.

4. John Boyer

John Boyer A-List Customer

Parkins & Grotto Stationery Cabinet

This is a piece I am particularly fond of: Parkins & Grotto Oak Stationery Cabinet (C 1880) with Writing Slope, Watch, Calendar, &/c.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SweetieStarr

SweetieStarr A-List Customer

Very cool!
    How do the old phones work in the office? Can you use multiple lines or transfer calls, etc?

6. SweetieStarr

SweetieStarr A-List Customer

What a great clock! Do you know what kind it is?

7. KilroyCD

KilroyCD One Too Many

Since the office is a museum / living history display, none of the phones are hooked up.

8. KilroyCD

KilroyCD One Too Many

Betty,
    I'm working (along with fellow Loungers Mr. K.L. Bowers and RdKryton) on the recreation of the Civilian Defense office / HQ at Fort Miles in Lewes, Delaware. We are all volunteers on this project. This office / HQ will become part of the permanent museum display there. Some of the supplies we are looking for are:
    Wire waste paper baskets
    Inkwells
    Fountain pens
    Rubber stamps and ink pads
    Desk blotters

Of course, I would be willing to pay shipping on any items.

Regards,
    -KilroyCD

9. ********************
    Try looking up Esterbrook desk sets. Also during that time They may still have used dip pens with ink wells. Something like Fountilink was another brand.

10. Scuffy

Scuffy One of the Regulars

Well here it is... my turn to show off some of my favorite pieces and I can't find two of the top three! My desk fan is at home and I'm stuck here at work. My stapler is MIA. Was here a couple weeks ago and has since run away. :rage: But none the less- here ya go! The Underwood is in great shape and with the serial number I've dated it's birth to 1941. And as for the Shure 55S mic... I don't know how that snuck into the picture! lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favoritest little fan!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Pina Bridgette

Pina Bridgette One of the Regulars

Finally got around to finding this thread and taking a pic of my vintage office supplies:

[​IMG]
    Mutual Adjustable #20 Hole Punch, Scotch Tape Dispenser, Letter/Pen holder & Bates Listfinders. The bulldog clip is of unknown vintage :) It's been on that tin as long as I can remember so those two are probably only from the late 60's-early 70's since they came from my dad's old office. The peach listfinder is my gem! I'm hoping to find some matching desk accessories one day. I bought the other two for back-up pages but it turns out they are slightly different (they fit but the columns on the cards changed and it annoys me to have them mixed up and all).

Not vintage but I also like the Ampad Gold Fibre Retro Writing Pads and the new Ace Pilot 404 Stapler.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Sunny

Sunny One Too Many

I didn't even know this thread existed. :)

[​IMG]

This is a green and cream (once white) celluloid desk set, found at an antique store in tiny little Rosebud, Texas. There is a letter holder, blotter, and inkwell with pen grooves. The letter holder is slightly warped, no doubt from the heat down here, but it is perfectly useable. The other pieces are in great condition, even the thin plastic of the blotter.

[​IMG]

The inkwell itself is probably missing a lid. It is a different kind of plastic, much heavier than the celluloid. Would it be Lucite (making it WWII or later), or was there an earlier clear plastic that didn't change color like bakelite?

[​IMG]

The set was $50. I've never seen anything like it before, so I still don't know if that was a good price. But I love green, and I knew I would rue it if I left it behind.

13. Awesome desk set. Some of the online fountain pen stores still have blotter paper. Measure your blotter and start checking around. For the dip pen you can make a holder with a small container filled with small shot gun birdshot pellets.

14. Pina Bridgette

15. It's a neat set, you'd have to tie that color in with the decor and that might difficult. I'd consider that set if I was doing a Florida / Tropical theme maybe with pink flamingos some wheres to echo the color.

16. Sunny

Sunny One Too Many

Thanks, John! I'm not sure I understand about the pen holder, though; you mean to hold it, instead of the grooves in the inkwell stand?

Wow, that is VERY pink! It's an amazing set, but I know what you mean. I'd feel more like Barbie than a vintage gal with that on my desk. :eek: I wish mine had more pieces, but I think all I'd use would be the letter opener and maybe the desk blotter. It is neat to see a set with both blotters.

17. Miss Neecerie

Miss Neecerie I'll Lock Up

You realise I hate you now Sunny!

My new place has a botanical sort of theme and the green and cream would be perfect......

18. Yes, it's an old trick, the shot wipes the excess ink off of the dip pen's nib so it doesn't get clogged with dried ink. You'll see it more often with pewter type sets but you might be able to cover the container with something colored to match the set.

19. Pina Bridgette

I have my dad's old tanker desk in storage at my sister's office so what I have currently fits with a more industrial/utilitarian theme but I am dying to find a space for a properly outfitted ladies writing desk type of thing with a set such as Sunny's too.

20. Pina Bridgette

It's very Palm Beach/Lily Pulitzer, isn't it?