Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Your Patina

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Keep em coming!

Here's one of my non-leather favorite's: David Brown aka Deeb7's (RIP) sun faded Dobbs MA1.

Dobbs_e.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
There's something about rough leather jackets that look cooler than most brand-new shiny ones do. My two jackets, a G-1 and a Raiders of the Lost Ark one, haven't arrived there yet, but I'm looking forward to what they'll look like after five-ten years.

Hobart Arms

New in Town
The first jacket in this thread is absolutely amazing! That is my holy grail jacket. I love the patina on it! Enjoy it...my hunt continues!

Last edited:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
@Hobart Arms thx man! This thing is practically a work of art in my book, and if I weighed about 20lbs less it would be the pride of my collection... Alas, my hunt continues as well. Got two or three more to unload in fact... (wife has given up hope!!)

You're in luck if it fits:Just click here...

Thx for the endorsement, Scott ;)

Last edited:
@Hobart Arms thx man! This thing is practically a work of art in my book, and if I weighed about 20lbs less it would be the pride of my collection... Alas, my hunt continues as well. Got two or three more to unload in fact... (wife has given up hope!!) Thx for the endorsement, Scott ;)
In all honesty, I didn't know it was yours until I went back and looked at the first pic! :)

Last edited:

Hobart Arms

New in Town
@bretron. We must be nearly the same size. The chest seems just slightly too small for me. (though that Probably won't stop me from throwing a few bids at it. I love the mystery :) I would love to s

Hobart Arms

New in Town
@bretron. We must be nearly the same size. The chest seems just slightly too small for me. (though that Probably won't stop me from throwing a few bids at it. I love the mystery :) I would love to sport that jacket. I will post some pictures of my curren workhorse jacket here soon. The collar of mine looks super 40s to me. It has some awesome patina!

too much coffee

Practically Family
@Hobart Arms thx man! This thing is practically a work of art in my book, and if I weighed about 20lbs less it would be the pride of my collection... Alas, my hunt continues as well. Got two or three more to unload in fact... (wife has given up hope!!)

Thx for the endorsement, Scott ;)

Hi bretron;

Take my advice..........drop the 20lbs. and keep the jacket. Man that thing is great!
Of course, since the jacket was made in California you might want to call in the Center for Disease Control and the Food and Drug Admin. folks and have 'em do an inspection.

Regards,
coffee

too much coffee

Practically Family
@bretron. We must be nearly the same size. The chest seems just slightly too small for me. (though that Probably won't stop me from throwing a few bids at it. I love the mystery :) I would love to sport that jacket. I will post some pictures of my curren workhorse jacket here soon. The collar of mine looks super 40s to me. It has some awesome patina!

Hobart Arms..........careful man, if you win bretron's jacket you'll have to pay a "minimal use because of where I live hot weather" VAT!

Welcome to the Lounge.

Regards,
coffee

Last edited:

Hobart Arms

New in Town
It's true. I only get to wear my jackets occasionally here in Phoenix but I spend most of the year on the road. My heavy horsehide jacket (my favorite) did well by me in Quebec last February! :)

Thanks for the welcome. I am so glad I finally joined after at least a year of encouragement from my good friend.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Hi bretron;

Take my advice..........drop the 20lbs. and keep the jacket. Man that thing is great!
Of course, since the jacket was made in California you might want to call in the Center for Disease Control and the Food and Drug Admin. folks and have 'em do an inspection.

Regards,
coffee

Lol! This jacket needs no fumigation; just a worthy home :p

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Now that the bidding has increased, I expect my cut bretron. lol
Consider it an advertising VAT!

How bout a beer if ever you find yourself in Seattle? Tellin ya, let's make a run to JC when we get our 38 Aeros ;) (actually, I've settled on a Dubow in the hand finished seal, or was that a 39 Werber in dull russet, jk!)

How bout a beer if ever you find yourself in Seattle? Tellin ya, let's make a run to JC when we get our 38 Aeros ;) (actually, I've settled on a Dubow in the hand finished seal, or was that a 39 Werber in dull russet, jk!)
Deal, but only if I can buy the next round! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy