Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Your Patina

Hobart Arms

New in Town
@bretron if I get that jacket and it fits well it will have a loving home for years to come.

@dinerman that is a great looking jacket.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
562873_10151125710685909_1935940351_n.jpg

480321_10151125712475909_986486307_n.jpg

trapp

Practically Family
Wow. Dinerman, that jacket is awesome--and unique. Haven't seen anything quite like it. Were some patches removed from the front or is that the shadow of inside pockets?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Those are the outline of the original exterior patch pockets, which were removed at some point before I got it.

Hobart Arms

New in Town
Well I chickened out of getting the jacket Bretron was selling. I got to scared about the measurements however I did pick up that Sportclad jacket that sold a few hours before it!

Hobart Arms

New in Town
Oh I know! I thought there was goin to be some last minute bids that put it up a lot. I am happy with the one I got though. At least I know it's goin to be more the right size. It's always heart breaking when you get a jacket and it doesn't fit well at all.

Oh I know! I thought there was goin to be some last minute bids that put it up a lot. I am happy with the one I got though. At least I know it's goin to be more the right size. It's always heart breaking when you get a jacket and it doesn't fit well at all.
I know all too well...

Hobart Arms

New in Town
I will be sure to post some picture of my new jacket when it arrives. I will post some of my favorite heavy cossack jacket as well. Its kept me warm through some rough trips.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
This is no longer my jacket, I gave it to a member of this forum.

I have worn it from new until it got this patina tho.....maaaaany years..it was black when I got it.

me_n_sean.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
Brown leather jackets - especially something like the front-quarter horsehide used by Aero - seem to develop a great patina fairly quickly, after a couple of years say and there are some great examples, both vintage and newer here. However, a hard worn black leather jacket - something thats taken many, many years to really show its character - I find very rewarding, like Griff's example above.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
The Himel Bros A1 is looking killer! Such a smart design, and extra sharp in dark seal. A real keeper!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24