Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Side Laces on Motorcycle Jacket?

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
@Canuck Panda What jacket is that? Looks amazing! Love the "side lace/corset system" demonstration, totally sold me on this type of configuration. Allows both waist and bottom hem adjustability.
Hi
I just bought it. It’s a Schott CHips 525 from 2014. More of a Light Jacket because of the Lining. The Zippers and Snaps are High Quality. Natural Pebble Steerhide. I like this jacket because it has no Belt that hangs down. I know the newer Schott Jackets have a snap to hold up the Buckle. This is the Sellers Picture. They gave me the wide leather jacket hanger that they used when hanging up the Jacket. Not that Thin one in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_5130.png
    IMG_5130.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5131.png
    IMG_5131.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5128.jpeg
    IMG_5128.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 48

PeterRocco

A-List Customer
The side lace/corset system really helps to give a close to body fit and is really not noticeable from the front and back. The rubber laces helps with the expand and contract. Gain a few pounds, let things out a bit, lost a few pounds tighten things up a bit. It's very versatile. The Police jackets still have this feature, just makes a lot of sense.

View attachment 520273
View attachment 520274 View attachment 520275
Hi
Thanks for posting your pictures. Very Nice Jacket. Love the Color. Like the Gusset Laces you use. Thanks For Sharing.
I really want Schott Style 619 in Brown. Jackson Schott wears the same Jacket.
I Collect Schott Jackets. This is my Soecial Edition Style 1928 in Horween Horsehide.

Attachments

• IMG_5132.png
    IMG_5132.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 54

Dbtk44

New in Town
The side lace/corset system really helps to give a close to body fit and is really not noticeable from the front and back. The rubber laces helps with the expand and contract. Gain a few pounds, let things out a bit, lost a few pounds tighten things up a bit. It's very versatile. The Police jackets still have this feature, just makes a lot of sense.

View attachment 520273
View attachment 520274 View attachment 520275
Really like that jacket, You sport it well! The lace sides do bring it in for a good trim look.

VansonRider

One of the Regulars
I'm for laced jackets. I think the look is classic, laces have been used to adjust the width of sports clothing for a LONG time before elastic stretch pannels were invented. And functionally even the Vanson Sports rider jackets have velcro waist adjustment. You need something to accomodate wearing a vest or a sweater in the cooler months.
I wish they were available on more jackets, not less .
I can understand not liking the asthetics, that's an individual preference, but one thing laces have over buckled straps is infinite adjustability. I’ve never seen zippered sides… I can’t picture how that would work.
I would MUCH rather have laces or buckles over Velcro though. That’s the one thing I’m not fond of with the Vanson Cobras. I’d rather have a buckle or laces there. Velcro pics up lint and can wear out. Although they must use some kind of industrial Velcro…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21