Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
I have a Roadster in the Clayton. And I would say it's 3 oz, maybe a touch more. But, it is very stiff and take a ton to break in. Mine will still stand on its own even after a full year of wear.
It also has a very leathery smell, which may not bother most of us, but my wife hates it. Oh well, now that I have the Shinki I will wear it when she's not around.

Thank you, what's the weight of your jacket?

AllanP

Familiar Face
So, apparently my jacket is finished =). I wanted to bump this thread to get some advice on what you guys usually do for payment.

I live in Canada and have never purchased anything from a vendor in the UK before, do most of you living in North America just do credit card payment? or is there some other way that gives you better exchange rate and less service fees.?

So, apparently my jacket is finished =). I wanted to bump this thread to get some advice on what you guys usually do for payment.

I live in Canada and have never purchased anything from a vendor in the UK before, do most of you living in North America just do credit card payment? or is there some other way that gives you better exchange rate and less service fees.?
I was able to pay for both my SB's via Paypal. Invoice sent, paid and arrived within a week (to Chicago, IL)

Was PayPal a standard offered payment option or did you have to ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I requested it. They sent me the invoice Monday and I literally had the jacket Friday. Happened that way twice. Faster than some domestic shipments tbh.

Thuggee

Practically Family
I requested it. They sent me the invoice Monday and I literally had the jacket Friday. Happened that way twice. Faster than some domestic shipments tbh.

Ok that's good to know my credit card is always blocked by my bank when I ever try to buy anything over a certain value especially when different time zones are involved, may I ask what courier/delivery they used for your order?

Ok that's good to know my credit card is always blocked by my bank when I ever try to buy anything over a certain value especially when different time zones are involved, may I ask what courier/delivery they used for your order?

Mine too. Even when I specify the transaction with my bank. Both delivered via USPS and sailed thru customs like a summer breeze. No problemo.

AllanP

Familiar Face
I might try to just wire the money. If not I'll probably PayPal as well, I think my card will block it too.

Asaha

Familiar Face

Congrats on your new jacket. I am still waiting to hear the good news. Did you get a picture of your jacket from them?

AllanP

Familiar Face
Congrats on your new jacket. I am still waiting to hear the good news. Did you get a picture of your jacket from them?

No she didn't take any pictures. But when I asked she said maybe she will send some pictures but they are pretty busy right now.

MRB1248

Familiar Face
Was PayPal a standard offered payment option or did you have to ask?

Sorry for being late to this. Crazy at work recently. I paid for my original amount for the jacket with my credit card, which I had to jump through flaming hoops to do because my bank (Wells Fargo) kept blocking it. I spoke with Debs and put the balance (the extra for the Shinki) though PayPal and it went through easily. I couldn't do the friends because I was changing currency, which I thought was weird, so it tacked on a couple extra dollars, so be aware if you go that route.

Asaha

Familiar Face
So apparently after 3 weeks of wait they told me they ran out of Shinki :(
Now sure how long it's going to be for next shipping. Meanwhile if I'm to change the leather, anyone has any expereice with Italian veg tanned steer? The color brown is lil too dark for my taste by looks like it can develop some grain or patina quicker.

Thuggee

Practically Family
Now sure how long it's going to be for next shipping. Meanwhile if I'm to change the leather, anyone has any expereice with Italian veg tanned steer? The color brown is lil too dark for my taste by looks like it can develop some grain or patina quicker.

Ouch I just placed a jacket order a few weeks back for a jacket in black Shinki, was it the black they ran out of? Hoping mines not delayed now [emoji26]on a side note I have another jacket in their chocolate Shinki it's well worth waiting for even it means your jackets delayed

Asaha

Familiar Face
Ouch I just placed a jacket order a few weeks back for a jacket in black Shinki, was it the black they ran out of? Hoping mines not delayed now [emoji26]on a side note I have another jacket in their chocolate Shinki it's well worth waiting for even it means your jackets delayed

Mine was chocolate Shinki, not sure about the black ones. I don't know how long usually it takes for these shipping to arrive, but it's hard to wait for another month.

AllanP

Familiar Face
Mine got here two days ago actually. Choco Shinki Oakland. It shipped super fast, shipped last thursday got here over the weekend. It is very very well made, I have nothing to compare it with as it is my first real leather jacket, but it is just so beautiful in real life. pictures do not do these things justice, now I understand why people obsess over it. I will start a separate thread in a few days, when it gets cool enough to wear and take some pictures, it's too hot here to wear it.

The leather is not stiff at all, it's actually perfect weight imo, the arms needs some break in but that's it.

AllanP

Familiar Face

That sucks dude, they might have used up the last bit on mine. now I feel bad. Shinki is actually really nice in person, how long did they say the wait was

Thuggee

Practically Family
Mine was chocolate Shinki, not sure about the black ones. I don't know how long usually it takes for these shipping to arrive, but it's hard to wait for another month.

I would wait if I was you the chocolate is beautiful photos don't do it justice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot