Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simon James Cathcart Leather Jacket?

crispyfresh

New in Town
I've been looking at this SJC leather jacket for a couple of weeks now. I have zero experience with buying leather products from them. The jacket costs $539 U.S. dollars. My primary desire is the vintage style of the jacket. I'm not particular on how it fits or anything like that. Its primarily the styling. Is this a good investment?

https://simonjamescathcart.com/collections/outerwear/products/black-leather-33-jacket

SJC_london_vintageleatherjacket_blackleather_vintagejacket-22_1024x1024.jpg

crispyfresh

New in Town
I bought the wool/leather version of this jacket in navy blue and own the plaid 33 jacket currently. I love their stuff. It’s well made and very affordable. I was super tempted by the goatskin jacket myself. I might go back for that one depending on how the wool shakes out.
I have a sizing question. I'm currently a 42 chest, but I'm going to get BACK down to a 40 chest as I'm currently losing weight again as a goal. I intend to layer a sweater under it at times. Nothing very thick. Should I stick with a 42 size or should I order the 40 size?

I have a sizing question. I'm currently a 42 chest, but I'm going to get BACK down to a 40 chest as I'm currently losing weight again as a goal. I intend to layer a sweater under it at times. Nothing very thick. Should I stick with a 42 size or should I order the 40 size?
I have a size 40” 33. I’m 5’11 197lbs. I ordered another 40” as I find these run large. Sorry for the marked up pics, jacket is with Dena right now and she’s adding leather cuffs but you can see this 40” is far from a tight fit.
78A309A1-B88B-4900-8097-498522BC05B4.jpeg

Edward

Bartender
Probably best to drop them a line. Simon has a couple of folks running comms these days, should be able to clarify. I don't know whether the leather version is the same cut as the wool or not. I have quite a few SJC products - shirts, caps, polos, suits, jeans and a first-run wool 33 jacket. All superb. Not owned a leather yet, but if they are up to the same standard they will be very nice indeed. Certainly competitively priced. That half belt looks very nice, though the one I feel calling to me is the Grizzly. At the sort of price these are they are by no means cheap, but certainly markedly cheaper than my usual, which, for a style I've not tried before and don't know how often I'd wear, has a definite appeal. What I particularly like about these is that (even with the halfbelt to an extent, though it *is* a very classic look) they do have a bit of a vibe of their own rather than looking much like any of the other labels' I like's house-style. The hardware looks nice too - that's where a lot of the more affordable options fall down, in my opinion.

Edward

Bartender
I have a size 40” 33. I’m 5’11 197lbs. I ordered another 40” as I find these run large. Sorry for the marked up pics, jacket is with Dena right now and she’s adding leather cuffs but you can see this 40” is far from a tight fit.
View attachment 375186

Leather cuffs would be a nice touch. I see the current wool 33 has added a leather top on the collar.

crispyfresh

New in Town
They really up’d their game with the latest 33. Leather collar, leather Halfbelt, fully lined and cuff straps. I can’t wait to receive it. I have no doubt it will see tons of use!
I emailed them my sizing question just to make sure. The jacket doesn't ship until the end of the month. I would hate to wait that long and find out I might have to return it. I like the jacket you already own. Thanks for posting it.

Dessy10

New in Town
Now available on SJC black Friday sale. Extra 20% off with BONUS20. All in £160 inc. postage [in UK] for my one. Still to arrive so can't review but been very impressed with other items from Simon James Cathcart

Reactions: Zoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB