Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sizing Help

Matthew Dalton

A-List Customer
Hello Gents, I’ve got a question about jacket sizing. Right now a good fit for me would be about a size 36. I'm hoping to work up to about a size 39 - 40 some time in the "near" future.

I'd like to get a leather jacket sooner, probably the 1930's Halfbelt Slim Fit from Aero. I don't have a whole lot of money to kick around and I'd hate to get one that fits well now that'll be too small before long.

How much bigger than their current size do you think one could go without too much trouble?

gimmesomeshelte

Familiar Face
Hello-

I remember the days when I was always trying to put on weight!

I don't know about the Aero skinny half belt, but I've owned others and they worked fine 'one size up'. I have an overcoat that's two sizes up and it does look funky without a heavy sweater. As for the timing, I would encourage you to hit the gym now and see if you can stick with it. I find the gym to be a great stress reliever, but many find it to be absolute drudgery. If you're lifting correctly and consistently, it doesn't take very long put on a couple of inches.

Lastly, what type of hide are you thinking of? Amanda could help here, but I would be cautious about buying any of Aero's slim fitting jackets in FQHH.

Paul-

Matthew Dalton

A-List Customer
Thanks for your input. I'm going to go see about joining the gym at the TAFE I go to today, not sure what they charge. As for hides, I don't know. I hadn't thought about it too much.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Leather Jacket

I'd like to get a leather jacket sooner, probably the 1930's Halfbelt Slim Fit from Aero. I don't have a whole lot of money to kick around [/QUOTE]

I'd suggest that you troll eBay for a few weeks, and keep all options
open; knowing that you might grow out of a size or two. Be flexible with
label and leather, and save some money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran