Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slightly Sinister Children of the Golden Era

Michaelson

One Too Many
vc52boy.jpg

I'm sorry, and not to be tacky, but the moment I saw this one, along with the product being consumed, the first thought came to my mind was him thinking....

"If I ask you to pull my finger later....will you do it?"lol ;)

Regards! Michaelson

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
The Cultural Deconstructionist Speaks

These apple-cheeked little hellions express the forbidden foreboding (or is it "forebidden forboding?") toward postwar prosperity and abundance that stirred deep in the semiconscious of an American generation forged in scarcity and grim duty. What would become of us when kids became ids, their every half-baked craving and whim instantly gratified by advertisers and the magic glass tit? We soothed our worries by reminding ourselves that eventually the boys would be handed over to the drill sergeants, and the girls to the men the machine made of boys. The next generation would go through what we did. In a better world, but they would damn well go through it. It was how we understood growing up.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Whoa. I don't even know what to say about that.
(Well, actually I do; I've shared several off-color quips with the Mr., but shouldn't like to tarnish my rep on FL, so from here on out, my fingers are sealed. ;))

Story

I'll Lock Up
Viola said:
Daaang that looks bad.

It was the catsup sauce, wasn't it?
HP Lovecraft wrote about that stuff, y'know

ThesFlishThngs said:
Whoa. I don't even know what to say about that.

Little Billy went skinless, obviously.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Viola said:
That hotdog monstrosity will haunt my dreams, Story! Daaang that looks bad.
It's sort of the definition of high-test Trayf, nu? But even I, of a particularly pork-loving strain of goyim on both sides.....wouldn't touch that on a bet.

"Skeet"

Viola

Call Me a Cab
[QUOTE="Skeet" McD]It's sort of the definition of high-test Trayf, nu? But even I, of a particularly pork-loving strain of goyim on both sides.....wouldn't touch that on a bet.

"Skeet"[/QUOTE]

Well, there's trayf that's TEMPTING! (Shrimp is a test, I tells ya!) Not that pictured...uh.... delicacy... though.

That and all I could think of was the catchphrase of Hebrew National hotdogs, you know, their old We Answer To A Higher Authority slogan. I guess they wouldn't want to have to explain something like this to the Boss. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass