Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slippers please...

olive bleu

One Too Many
if there is already a thread on this, please direct me...I am having a helluva time finding nice slippers...i see lots of nice classy ones for guys, but all i see for us ladies are fluffy stuff that gives you no support when you are working around the house.I have gone thru 3 pairs in the last year that look promising but really don't hold up. I have wood floors so i need something with a hard sole, i think.

Sunny

One Too Many
I've seen a fairish number of vintage slippers (NOS) on ebay in the last several months. I haven't seen any new ones for a couple weeks, but they're out there. I would have some myself by now, if the price and size had come together at the right time. :) They range from really bland to really fancy, from soft leather soles to rubber to sole leather.

Incidentally, Daniel Green was a maker of the really sexy satin slippers, with heels and peeptoes and such. The designer is still out there! Do a search on endless.com and you'll pull up half a dozen pairs. One in particular I really like.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have two pairs of red satin daniel greens I got from ebay...actually all my "house shoes" are vintage! I do have a floppy leopard print pair that I got for like $5 that I am currently wearing, they're very comfy at the end of the day.

olive bleu

One Too Many
i have seen Daniel Green's name mentioned here before, i will have to check it out!I'm looking for pretty & serviceable, too....I'm tempted to knit some granny slipperslol

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
Hmm

If you knit them, be careful where you walk so you don't slide and do the splits like I did wearing my Shaun the Sheep ones!!:eusa_doh: lol Oh boy did he laugh......

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Daniel Greens are lovely -- and the vintage ones aren't all that hard to find. They're so nice, in fact, that there are those who wear them as evening shoes to formal events.

Not me, though. I wear mine with my flannel jammies.

olive bleu

One Too Many
Eleanor Marie said:
If you knit them, be careful where you walk so you don't slide and do the splits like I did wearing my Shaun the Sheep ones!!:eusa_doh: lol Oh boy did he laugh......

oh, poor thing! I once saw my Mother-in-law, slipping off a wooden chair when wearing wool slippers.She had just polished the chair:eek: oops.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
olive bleu said:
i have seen Daniel Green's name mentioned here before, i will have to check it out!I'm looking for pretty & serviceable, too....I'm tempted to knit some granny slipperslol

And knitting vintage house slipper patterns are everywhere too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy