Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snake Plissken Wears Vintage

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
I was recently commissioned to reproduce Snake Plissken's jacket from Escape from New York (and L.A.):

SnakesJacketFront005.jpg

As it turns out, this jacket seems to be genuine vintage and not made for the film. Fans of this jacket were on the quest for years and just as we were beginning, an original sample (though with button front instead of zipped) appeared on eBay. This seemed to be nearly identical to the EFNY jacket, but no makers tags:

original7-2.jpg

Using the eBay photos and screen grabs, we replicated this jacket in dark brown cowhide and gave it a distressed finished:

mc-plissken-lg1.jpg

mc-plissken-lg2.jpg

mc-plissken-lg3.jpg

mc-plissken-lg4.jpg

This was a welcome change since replicating more modern film jackets (X-Men & War of the Worlds, for example). Let me know what you think...

Kind regards,
Indy

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Your reproduction looks great. Nice work. The new owner should be pleased. I'd would actually prefer the buttons if I was getting one made.
Any requests to reproduce Isaac Hayes "Duke of New York" jacket yet?;)

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Man, thats a great loooking jacket. I'm glad you posted pictures of it being worn- gave me a much better understanding of the fit. Really like that one!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
That is a beautiful jacket...Well done Indy!!!..
How about a jacket with the 70's pic of Adienne printed on the inner lining?:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
We've reworked this jacket (virtually every detail was tweaked)... but the best part is the new leather we used. It's a veg-tanned cowhide that, if I didn't know better, I would swear was horse. It makes this jacket look like genuine NOS:

NewJacket001.jpg

NewJacket002.jpg

NewJacket003.jpg

NewJacket004.jpg

NewJacket006.jpg

NewJacket007.jpg

The downside to this leather... expensive. This jacket, for example, is $995 (shipped) using this new leather. But this is the perfect leather for someone wanting a true vintage look and feel!

Kind regards,
Magnoli

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Great looking jacket. Great looking jacket. Great...

HEY! Looking at it long enough it suddenly dawned on me how close this jacket is to a particular model WWII German tank jacket which, granted, wasn't leather. For a while, I'd considered buying one of them from a German repro shop, except there was the thought that ...er...wearing WWII Nazi clothes would perhaps shock some.

Luckily, I lost my job and the idea died right there and then lol
But...nice jacket there.
Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran