Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So I was chatting with some girl online...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
And I noticed she was wearing a black MA-1.

I correctly predicted it had an orange lining, and proceeded to tell her the reasoning behind the orange. It was also Halloween so the colors were appropriate!

Hang around this place long enough, and you learn cool things! Hope everyone had a safe Halloween.

-Nick

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Isn't it great when you can toss out some piece of trivia that you thought only the oddballs on the FL cared about and actually impress somebody? This could mean something Strike while the iron is hot (so to speak)! And don't listen to attorneys on romantic matters: they have terrible luck with women.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
She said she picked it up at a surplus shop. It looked newish, so I assume Alpha. Looked dynamite on her. Out of respect for privacy, I won't post it here.

But yeah, she was aware of the skinhead connotation, which shows some cultural knowledge. She called it a "bomber" jacket, but I didn't say anything. Did SAC guys wear these things on missions?

I'm dead set on an MA-1 now.

Peacoat

Bartender
She called it a "bomber" jacket, but I didn't say anything. Did SAC guys wear these things on missions?

I'm dead set on an MA-1 now.

I know they wore the standard green MA-1 in cold climates. I never saw any pilots wearing a black MA-1, but it has been a while since I was in, and things may have change a bit since then.

bn1966

Attended a scooter rally over here the other day...all sorts of girls in MA-1s, all shapes & sizes..some in fishnet stockings...long live nylon :)

Superfluous

But sometimes single guys exaggerate. ;)

chat-rooms1.jpg

I enjoy this thread. Nick, hold on to her but don't ask me why...

Went to a Halloween party yesterday, conveniently costumed as doctor House, complete with a walking cane. Not only did no one recognize the get-up, but I've had several people offering me a place to sit thinking I'm having trouble standing. Because of the cane. At 3am, some drunk guy approached me and complemented my 'Easy Rider costume'. This was when I decided to call it a night...

Big J

Call Me a Cab
She called it a "bomber" jacket, but I didn't say anything.

I'm still reeling from this (@_@)
I'd have let her have both barrels for that, and ''Good riddance to you madam!'' (or rather, given that it was Halloween, made the sign of the cross, rubbed her down with a clove of garlic, and splashed her all over with holy water).
Your self-control is to be admired.

As for MA-1 jackets, I agree. I didn't see the appeal for a really long time, and then just last year saw two originals in my size and bought them both. They are great and I love them.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'm still reeling from this (@_@)
I'd have let her have both barrels for that, and ''Good riddance to you madam!'' (or rather, given that it was Halloween, made the sign of the cross, rubbed her down with a clove of garlic, and splashed her all over with holy water).
Your self-control is to be admired.

Any other courting techniques you'd like to share with us?:D

As for MA-1 jackets, I agree. I didn't see the appeal for a really long time, and then just last year saw two originals in my size and bought them both. They are great and I love them.

The key is the fit. Too big, and you look like you're wearing an olive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW