Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So many questions....

Bogie1943

Practically Family
MK, the new lid looks incredible, outstanding. I love the photos you have there, nice job with those. I wonder where were you when you took those pics, is that an actually office or did you do some green screening and key that in?:cool2:

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Thanks for the kind words guys.

That is Spade's office. It is a screen grab form the DVD. I just through it together last night at home. I shot it with my little point and shoot and slammed it into the photo. It turned out better than some of the photos I have labored over.

I really like the look of the 2 1/2 brim on me. The proportion is perfect with this crown. The color is perfect too.

This one is a winner. :D :cool:

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Well, once again I have to say you did a fine job with that, looks very real. I am trying to find a door for my home office, something similar to those classic office doors, and yes I want it to say Samuel Spade ect. I think it would just look awsome and give a really vintage feel to my room.:cool2:

Marc

Vendor
That's it! Dead on! Congrat with not only a mighty fine looking hat, but also the way it looks on you MK. It really suits you face.

You must be a happy camper.

If that picture you made would be a teaser pic for a new movie in cinema, I couldn't wait to see it.

Regards,

Marc

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Now THAT'S a compliment. Thanks guys.

I am in the celebration stage of this hat, but right now it is my favorite hat. I think I do like this size brim better than the larger Indy style....or maybe it is just something new. At any rate it is very cool. I am trying to get used to this thin soft felt. I am used to hats with more body....but for this hat I think thin is what was needed.

Pen Collector

One of the Regulars
Graphite Gray Bogie

MK said: "I really like the look of the 2 1/2 brim on me. The proportion is perfect with this crown."

So what is the height of the crown? Or did you already mention this somewhere else?

I agree regarding the softness of the felt. My Graphite Gray is going to take some getting used to also.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
MK

You have proved something I have believed and experienced, and why I have mostly abandoned COW. Indy looks great, and so does his hat. But YOU or ME may , may, look very silly in it. You have found the proper "balance" and quality of vintage appearance. This is when they say "it works".

And, my friend, it does.

Good Job!

Sergei

Gone Home
Don't be too harsh on COW. First of all, it was and still is the movie that has kept the torch lit for the fedora wearing, adventure loving crowd. For a lot of guys, it was their first introduction into fedora's. Remember that there is still a lot to contribute over there at COW to the members that want to start branching out beyond the Indy fedora. The two can co-exist.

Just my opinion...
-Sergei

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I agree Sergi

And I didn't say that I dumped COW. I love those guys! I just split 80% here and 20% there.....no disrespect.

If this site wasn't here, then COW would be my full time game. There are some great folks over there, and most here came from there first. DUH>

SO please don't take my comment poorly. I just meant that the newer people will undoubtedly make errors in buying what they think they want, find what they know they want, and then buy what looks good on them. Why can't it be one in the same.

My hat is off to you, Sergi!!;)

Boris K

One of the Regulars

My entry into the Sam Spade fedora category:
Gus_4_sm.jpg

More information is in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR