Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
They are in the mail.
:D
mseolj.jpg

I just a couple days ago ridded myself of a car bearing State of Washington plates here in Colorado. The title was issued by Washington as well. There's a tear-off section on the certificate of title called "seller's report of sale," which the seller is to deliver to the state's Department of Licensing within five days of sale. This is to protect the seller, lest the buyer fails to put the vehicle in his name and gets parking tickets or, worse, causes a collision with the vehicle that, as far as official records indicate, still belongs to the person who believed it was out of his life...
Having the proper documentation can come in handy. In the mid-1980s a friend used his early-1970s van as a trade-in to help with the down payment on a new pickup truck. He thought he had dealt with a reputable dealership, but four months later received a call from the U.S. Border Patrol who made inquiries about "his" van. After faxing them the documentation which proved he had sold the van, he was told that it had been used to smuggle people across the border into the U.S., and their records showed our friend as the "current" owner (current at the time, that is). They explained they were simply being thorough in their investigation, but would say nothing more on the matter, and thanked him for his cooperation. When he subsequently contacted the dealership, he was not surprised to learn the salesperson who had assisted him in the trade-in and purchase of his new truck no longer worked there.

In southern California? Isn't that a little clichéd? :p Actually, we have an orange tree; 65 years old (at least) and still producing. But my wife can't eat citrus fruit and I can't eat 'em all, so they mostly go to our gardeners, birds and local squirrels, or they rot on the ground. :(

In southern California? Isn't that a little clichéd? :p Actually, we have an orange tree; 65 years old (at least) and still producing. But my wife can't eat citrus fruit and I can't eat 'em all, so they mostly go to our gardeners, birds and local squirrels, or they rot on the ground. :(

Had three apple trees in our yard in Seattle -- old trees that hadn't been properly pruned in decades. So these trees were at least 30 feet high, and most of the fruit was unreachable, by any reasonable means, anyway. The fruit, once it had fallen to the ground, often riddled with bird beak marks, made darn good compost. Smelly, and a pain to gather up and place in the bin, but a great soil amendment.

At my previous place there in Rain City I had a large plum tree that put out massive amounts of fruit every other year. Real tasty, too, but I couldn't keep up with it. Neighbors were invited to help themselves.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up

I was going to suggest making some organic marmalade & selling it but since you are in a position to have 'gardeners' I doubt you will be interested in mere pennies. :D

I was going to suggest making some organic marmalade & selling it but since you are in a position to have 'gardeners' I doubt you will be interested in mere pennies. :D
I have back problems that prevent me from doing the yard work, and I'm not about to ask my hard-working wife to spend what little free time she has doing it, so it was either hire gardeners or pay the fines when the city cites us for having weeds taller than the house. ;)

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I have back problems that prevent me from doing the yard work, and I'm not about to ask my hard-working wife to spend what little free time she has doing it, so it was either hire gardeners or pay the fines when the city cites us for having weeds taller than the house. ;)

Check with your city ordinance.
I believe goats are allowed.
I would recommend the Nigerian
Dwarf goat. They are small and
economical. They love to eat weeds and bushes.

^^^^^
In the Seattle area, where Himalayan blackberry invades and conquers (seriously, ask anyone out that way who has ever tried to eradicate it), you can find outfits that rent out goats. Not only do the critters quite effectively denude the blackberry vines, they do it on steep slopes and leave a good soil conditioner behind.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL