Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Actually I think an aggressive blue jay nest on the front door would be just the thing to keep pesky door-to-door canvassers and unwanted relatives away.

Baseball on my mind today...recall Dave Winfield's pigeon kill, a hit turned fowl-pun intended, of course.
...and Winfield hauled inside court for depraved heart indifference, malice aforethought, deliberate intent;
premeditated, of course, felony murder first degree fowl ball non-strike hit. Right in the kisser. That sonovabitch
bird never had a chance, gunned down like that. Believe they were playing the Blue Jays that day....
And the ACLU clown circus got some camera and mike, and print too. Winfield, cool as ice, just winged it.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At my place it's bats, not little bats, mind you, but fruit bats with metre-wide wingspans. They drop sticky purple splatters all over the fence, cars, sides of the house, you name it, at night time. Next day, you gotta wash it off, or it a) sets like superglue, and b) will eat right through the paint like acid. They're worse in summer than winter but are around pretty much all year. In summer there are hundreds of 'em.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Clueless people who are not aware of their surroundings while pushing a shopping cart.
:D
I like the one about the shopping cart being a litmus test:
KAlyG0G.png

^^^^^
Yeah, it’s a real good analogy, but like all analogies it isn’t quite perfect. There is a penalty for not returning the shopping cart, provided being regarded as an inconsiderate a**hole might be called a penalty. But then, being so regarded is of no apparent concern to inconsiderate a**holes. That’s part of what makes them inconsiderate a**holes. Indeed, some seem downright proud of it.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
There's a certain subset of society that takes actual pride in the degree of their inconsiderate a**holery. We had a guy here locally this week who tried to run a motorcyclist off the road and when he failed to do so, pulled a gun and waved it out the window at the confused rider.

Fortunately the rider called the police, and Mr. X. Treme O'Vercompensation is now in the jug. But his kind is everywhere.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
There's a certain subset of society that takes actual pride in the degree of their inconsiderate a**holery. We had a guy here locally this week who tried to run a motorcyclist off the road and when he failed to do so, pulled a gun and waved it out the window at the confused rider.

Fortunately the rider called the police, and Mr. X. Treme O'Vercompensation is now in the jug. But his kind is everywhere.

Attempted vehicular homicide; armed assault, probably unregistered weapon.

Thrice ain't nice.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Is the mortgage system on shopping carts really nowhere done in the US??
It's at Aldi stores, and perhaps one or two others, but Aldi is the only store I can think of off the top of my head where this system is in place.

I had somebody to that to me over a bridge a few years ago, minus the gun waving part. Thankfully, there was a cop RIGHT there. I don't think I've ever seen such a short amount of time between a traffic offense and a traffic stop occur.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Clueless people who are not aware of their surroundings while pushing a shopping cart.
:D
Would that be those shoppers, who when crashing into you because they are not paying attention to their surroundings, glare at you like the collision was your fault? You will not be surprised to learn that you don't have a monopoly on morons on your side of the pond.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
Women make-up, ok. But when, they started to smink their faces with a "secondary" face?? :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more. A little bit of make-up on certain occasions is fine, but a heavy layer of spackle comliments no lady. And don't even get me started on the heavy tattooing you see on young "ladies" these days. It's certainly their right to wear heavy make-up or tattoos as they wish, but I've never seen either that I thought made a woman more attractive.

^^^^^
Pretty much my take on it. It’s not for me or you or anyone else here to tell a person how to present him- or herself. And it’s not for any other person to tell me or you how we are to perceive that person.

A person ought be free to walk this world with a pair of jockey shorts stretched over his noggin. But he can’t insist that I perceive him in the way he might prefer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ