Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

//SOLD// 30s-40s Sz 41-42 Harris Tweed Houndstooth jacket //SOLD//

I have this Harris Tweed jacket for sale. I'm not exactly sure of the age of it, but it is very old. 1940s or maybe 1930s. By the lapels, i'd be putting it late 30s/early 40s. But I can't be sure. I'll post more pics tonight, but for now, the label's below. Seems like a pretty damn old one to me. Pic also gives an indication of the fabric. Tailored by Norclo; the only reference I can find to Norclo is a manufacturer of bleaching chemical products.

The jacket is an absolute classic. Rust and cream houndstooth with heavy twill liner. Arm lining striped cotton. There are 4 exterior pockets - the standards and a ticket pocket above the right hip pocket. Interior has one chest pocket, and that's it.

Measurements:

Chest: 22" across front
Length: 31.25" down back from base of collar
Arm: 25.75" from shoulder seam
Shoulders: approx 19" across
Condition: The wool is flawless. Rear of neck is dirty, should clean. Liner shows wear at armpits and at interior pocket opening. Arm liners worn at cuff end. The rear collar attachment is improvised and I will fix this to be properly attached before I send it.

£125 gets it. Shipping to be determined by location. PM with interest. [EDIT] Shipping to the UK will be £9.50, to Europe £17.50, and to the US £26.50. This price includes a small packaging purchase fee (50p) and insurance. There will also be a Paypal surcharge of £2.50. I'll do all in to the US for £150.

HarrisTweedLabel.jpg

bk

Pictures

I have updated the first post here, to include shipping prices to various parts of the world.

Truly a glorious jacket, this one. 2 views of the front, with all 3 buttons fastened and with only the middle button fastened. Note the ticket pocket on the right side.

HarrisTweed1.jpg
HarrisTweed2.jpg

A view of the back. Note the short side vents.

HarrisTweed3.jpg

Lining. It is fully lined.

HarrisTweed4.jpg

The cuff, showing a good approximation of the colour of the jacket and the button. The buttons are the woven leather type, throughout. The cuff buttonholes can be converted to working, if desired. (That is, they're properly constructed buttonholes, just not cut through.)

HarrisTweed5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran